Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you think this is a accident?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Could it be a accident? Highlighted in Red

Options:

Yes, accident

Hell NO accident

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 102

View Results

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Girl-4-on-life-support-Bremerton-man-charged--188932541.html

BREMERTON, Wash. -- Prosecutors have charged a man accused of gravely injuring his girlfriend's 4-year-old daughter, who is now on life support.

Jason D. Reeser, 34, of Bremerton has been charged with assault of a child in the first-degree in a Jan. 28 incident involving the girl.

According to the statement of probable cause, medics responded to a home in the 3500 block of N. Shorthorn Dr. NW around 2:40 p.m. and found the girl in an "altered level of consciousness."

While being rushed to Harrison Medical Center in Silverdale, the girl suffered from "seizure-like activity, posturing and grinding her teeth," the document said.

Doctors determined the girl was suffering from sub-dermal hematoma. The girl was taken to Mary Bridge Children's Hospital in Tacoma where she underwent emergency surgery.

Doctors at Mary Bridge discovered an acute hematoma on right side of her head and determined the injury, which they feared "was not survivable," would have taken place in the past 24 hours, the statement said. A visible wound was also found on her leg.

When questioned by investigators, Reeser initially said he was unaware of any trauma the girl may have suffered while in his care. He said the girl was napping when he heard noise coming from her bedroom. He went to check on the girl, and found her having a seizure and vomiting, he told detectives.

Reeser later changed his story and admitted there had been an incident.

Reeser told detectives he had grown frustrated while changing the girl. He said he had "pulled too hard” on her leg, and ended up “pulling her entirely off the bed." The move caused the girl to hit her head on the floor, Reeser told police, and "she got that frigging look in her eye" before growing unresponsive.

Reeser had been living with the girl and her mother since September, according to the document. He is being held on $750,000 bail.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:31 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:08 PM

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Making-Minnow-Smile/488790934510435?ref=stream

Just now found this facepage, looks like the little girl is fighting hard.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:10 PM
It doesn't make any sense - he is changing her and grew frustrated so why would he yank her off the bed like that unless he meant for her to hit the floor? I have a very high spirited two yr old boy, he is not naughty but my boy canbe ornery. When I change him into Jammie's at night on our bed he runs from me, it is our game so I don't get frustrated, I always catch him and pull him towards me never, ever has he even come close to the floor, ever. I would have to pull him off thebed for him to hit the floor, meaning I would have to also step back so that he deliberately hit the floor.
Also,I have three older boys. Two were wrestling around one day (they were 15 & 11) my 15 yr old pulled his brother off the recliner onto the floor, he hit the back of his head. He didn't feel quite right so we took him to the ER. They said he had a concussion and were discharging him when he started to vomit, gawd I was so scared he was really hurt. The point being that to me it sounds like he did far worse to this little girl than a fall on the floor. Plus the mark other leg, that doesn't happen from "pulling it too hard".
No, not an accident and he should pay dearly for abusing that poor girl!
If it was an accidenthe wouldn't have lied and she would've received car earlier. Accidents get treated, abuse gets hidden. Sick SOB! Stupid mothers choosing horrible bf and leaving their children in the care of abusive men!

Quoting Anonymous:

In my head the only way this could be a accident if he said he was playing around with her on the bed and she fell off, that would be a accident. Pulling on a child leg so much you pull them off, how is that a accident? It means you pulled so much that your arm now has passed the bed and a 4 year old is avg between 3ft-4ft tall, which means you now have to move away from the bed to pull the child completely off.

Lets say the child was fighting him, 4 year old autistic child not abnormal for them to find it funny to make the changing harder. So lets say the little girl moved up the bed, he got annoyed and grabbed her ankle to pull her back, that wouldnt have caused her to fall off the bed. I cant fathom how this could of been accident at all. And the fact he lied means he knows he did wrong.

LaughingTattoo
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:10 PM

It COULD have been an accident....but I doubt it

nelliesmommy
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:11 PM

No! He shook or beat her or something. He is a liar.

nataliesmom2012
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:13 PM

If he wouldn't have changed his story and explained it "that frigging look" I might have believed it could have been an accident.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:21 PM

yep, pretty much and it seems crazy.

If it was a accident like you said he would of told the truth from the get go. I guess if she fell off sideways from him pulling her towards him (maybe to close to the edge of the bed), why would you lie about it? I mean that its important for the doctors to know she fell off the bed and slammed the back of head into the floor.

It angers me that he even tried to imply this was a accident.

Quoting Anonymous:

It doesn't make any sense - he is changing her and grew frustrated so why would he yank her off the bed like that unless he meant for her to hit the floor? I have a very high spirited two yr old boy, he is not naughty but my boy canbe ornery. When I change him into Jammie's at night on our bed he runs from me, it is our game so I don't get frustrated, I always catch him and pull him towards me never, ever has he even come close to the floor, ever. I would have to pull him off thebed for him to hit the floor, meaning I would have to also step back so that he deliberately hit the floor.
Also,I have three older boys. Two were wrestling around one day (they were 15 & 11) my 15 yr old pulled his brother off the recliner onto the floor, he hit the back of his head. He didn't feel quite right so we took him to the ER. They said he had a concussion and were discharging him when he started to vomit, gawd I was so scared he was really hurt. The point being that to me it sounds like he did far worse to this little girl than a fall on the floor. Plus the mark other leg, that doesn't happen from "pulling it too hard".
No, not an accident and he should pay dearly for abusing that poor girl!
If it was an accidenthe wouldn't have lied and she would've received car earlier. Accidents get treated, abuse gets hidden. Sick SOB! Stupid mothers choosing horrible bf and leaving their children in the care of abusive men!

Quoting Anonymous:

In my head the only way this could be a accident if he said he was playing around with her on the bed and she fell off, that would be a accident. Pulling on a child leg so much you pull them off, how is that a accident? It means you pulled so much that your arm now has passed the bed and a 4 year old is avg between 3ft-4ft tall, which means you now have to move away from the bed to pull the child completely off.

Lets say the child was fighting him, 4 year old autistic child not abnormal for them to find it funny to make the changing harder. So lets say the little girl moved up the bed, he got annoyed and grabbed her ankle to pull her back, that wouldnt have caused her to fall off the bed. I cant fathom how this could of been accident at all. And the fact he lied means he knows he did wrong.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:32 PM

I think it sounds like he lost his temper and slammed her on to the floor or something. I do not believe it was an accident. It was most likely in a moment of rage.

wolfybaby
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:33 PM

lol ohhh godd bremerton?? no, not an accident [sorry to anyone who lives in bremerton that *isnt* total scum].

Daya81
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:18 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Daya81:

(why is her bf changing her 4yo?) anyways, not an accident at all. what a scumbag!

Its come out through people that the child is autistic, and I assume with other articles Ive read the child is very limited on speech.

that makes sense. but i was more concerned with an unrelated guy changing a little girl. whether her clothes were being changed or her diaper. maybe i'm too paranoid with things like that. but, still, sad situation!

weezer_cookie
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:22 AM
Exactly. This guy is a sick fuck and obviously lying (to me).

Quoting nataliesmom2012:

If he wouldn't have changed his story and explained it "that frigging look" I might have believed it could have been an accident.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN