Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you think this is a accident?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Could it be a accident? Highlighted in Red

Options:

Yes, accident

Hell NO accident

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 102

View Results

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Girl-4-on-life-support-Bremerton-man-charged--188932541.html

BREMERTON, Wash. -- Prosecutors have charged a man accused of gravely injuring his girlfriend's 4-year-old daughter, who is now on life support.

Jason D. Reeser, 34, of Bremerton has been charged with assault of a child in the first-degree in a Jan. 28 incident involving the girl.

According to the statement of probable cause, medics responded to a home in the 3500 block of N. Shorthorn Dr. NW around 2:40 p.m. and found the girl in an "altered level of consciousness."

While being rushed to Harrison Medical Center in Silverdale, the girl suffered from "seizure-like activity, posturing and grinding her teeth," the document said.

Doctors determined the girl was suffering from sub-dermal hematoma. The girl was taken to Mary Bridge Children's Hospital in Tacoma where she underwent emergency surgery.

Doctors at Mary Bridge discovered an acute hematoma on right side of her head and determined the injury, which they feared "was not survivable," would have taken place in the past 24 hours, the statement said. A visible wound was also found on her leg.

When questioned by investigators, Reeser initially said he was unaware of any trauma the girl may have suffered while in his care. He said the girl was napping when he heard noise coming from her bedroom. He went to check on the girl, and found her having a seizure and vomiting, he told detectives.

Reeser later changed his story and admitted there had been an incident.

Reeser told detectives he had grown frustrated while changing the girl. He said he had "pulled too hard” on her leg, and ended up “pulling her entirely off the bed." The move caused the girl to hit her head on the floor, Reeser told police, and "she got that frigging look in her eye" before growing unresponsive.

Reeser had been living with the girl and her mother since September, according to the document. He is being held on $750,000 bail.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:31 PM
Replies (31-40):
melakay1981
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:24 AM
1 mom liked this

This was my first thought

Quoting harehelper:

If it was an accident, he wouldn't have lied to the police in the first place.

AA2.0
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:26 AM

the girl suffered from "seizure-like activity, posturing and grinding her teeth," the document said.

^^This initially made me think maybe she got into some drugs...Until I finished reading the article. Had she gotten into some drugs, I would have said accident. But the way this went, accident my ass.

NewMamaBoo
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:27 AM

Uh no. He lied. He's an idiot. Sickening. 

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:28 AM

Bastard was trying to molest that poor girl and she fought back....smdh

I hope he is put in general population and becomes Bubba Bitch

Neuro
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:29 AM

No, I do not believe it is an accident, for the simple fact that he lied. He probably changed his story under duress. He was unwilling to "own up" to his actions to begin with and child abuse rarely occurs in isolated instances. There's a good chance that this has happened before or that he has exhibited violent and impulsive behavior before and knowing that he had the tendency and not getting help or taking proper steps to avoid this immediately makes him culpable.

Did he do it on purpose? It's difficult to say. Parenting demanding children is rough and often requires one to have to step away from the situation and calm down before going back in there. Making a child wait for 10 minutes is far less damaging than abusing them in this manner. However, that does not excuse such a reaction. This could have been prevented, hence why I say it was not an accident.

Considering that the child is 4 and still needing a diaper change indicates to me that either the child has special needs and as a given, would be difficult to parent or that the child is having a difficulty at home that the article is not letting on.

MumsTheWord571
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:36 AM

It sounds like he was trying to spank her and it got out of hand. I don't think that any one other than the parents should be punishing in any way physical. I don't think he intentionally injured her this badly, but I do think he was striking her. either way, it's unacceptable.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:53 AM
Oh okay. Yeah no I'm with you. I only allowed my mom and my husband to change my child. But I wouldn't have left a new boyfriend to babysit either.

Quoting Daya81:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Daya81:

(why is her bf changing her 4yo?) anyways, not an accident at all. what a scumbag!

Its come out through people that the child is autistic, and I assume with other articles Ive read the child is very limited on speech.

that makes sense. but i was more concerned with an unrelated guy changing a little girl. whether her clothes were being changed or her diaper. maybe i'm too paranoid with things like that. but, still, sad situation!

AdensMommy1107
by Emerald Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:55 AM
This

Quoting Polkadotted:

It might not have been what he thought would happen, but it wasn't an accident.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heresjohnny
by Emerald Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:06 AM

I had to vote accident. Similar things have happened over the 9 years I've been a parent. I'm not an abuser, I rarely spank, or even raise my voice. I actually know very few people who've NEVER accidentally hurt their child. And yes, accidentally walking them into the corner of a table or bumping their head into the wall while in the cradle position counts. Obviously not to the degree of the story in question, but hurt, none the less. I vividly remember an incident two years ago where I was unloading my kids from the car (a minivan). My 2yo was giggling and running back and forth and stayed juuuuuust out of my reach. So the second he got close enough for me to reach, I grabbed him and pulled him out of the car. He favored that arm for the next two days :( I even debated taking him to the doctor, but I was so scared they would call CPS on me for suspected child abuse.

calvinsmommy18
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:11 AM

doesn't sound like an accident, sounds like abuse

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN