Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

he won't keep his bum on help!!!! help?! i need moms of boys in here, stat!

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:56 PM
  • 126 Replies

oh god what do i do!!! i don't have a potty that sits in the living room. i do have a seat cover potty but this kid wont keep his bum on!!! and we have stupid carpet in this house!!

i have put a bum on him 3x in the last 10 min and he just takes it off!!!! so i put some big boy training underwear on him, he took those off too!!! 

i swear we are not nudists!! so not a learned behaviour......

do you think he wants to start potty training? ds6 didn't until he was 3. and that's because it was MY idea not his lol. 

***i had to stop writing because he took his big boy underwear off and brought me another fresh bum. this child is so strange. i of course put it on him (and went and collected his other bums, had not been peed on) and i guess we shall see how long he keeps it on. **looks slightly amused**

so uh yeah.......lol....advice?

D.O.E. ~ Canadian mother of 3 boys, and happily (usually) married. we are expecting another boy in april!

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
D.O.E.
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:59 PM

**so he just brought me the diaper he had asked me to put on him, he peed in it, now he wants the big boy pants again? wth is this kid about?! lol

D.O.E.
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:00 PM

BUMP!

iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Ok not sure what a bum is? A diaper? Lol but when mine started taking their diapers off, or sticking their hands in it, I started potty training. They were both 2. How old is yours?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mariesmama
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:04 PM

i'm assuming you mean diapers and you might want to invest in a potty that can sit in the living room i have a 3 yr old girl were working on it she was doing good then got sick for a week and messed up all her progress

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:04 PM
4 moms liked this
Duct tape
beingme75
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:04 PM
Poty traing should start. He is very aware of what is going on
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
D.O.E.
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:05 PM
1 mom liked this

he turned two in november. i was not expecting this since my older boy took soooo long to even have any interest. and yes a bum is a diaper. lol

we have carpet.....we have never had carpet in any of our other houses, and now, we have carpet. how in the world do you potty train in winter, where you have to stay inside, in a house with carpet?

**looks scared**

Quoting iamcafemom83:

Ok not sure what a bum is? A diaper? Lol but when mine started taking their diapers off, or sticking their hands in it, I started potty training. They were both 2. How old is yours?

kkps725
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:06 PM
Lol at bum! Where are you from?

I am no help :/ DS is only 6 weeks this Thursday...

Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
D.O.E.
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:07 PM

yes i plan on getting one next time i am in the city. but.....how do you potty train with carpet? just get a throw rug to put down? there are ALWAYS accidents. 

Quoting mariesmama:

i'm assuming you mean diapers and you might want to invest in a potty that can sit in the living room i have a 3 yr old girl were working on it she was doing good then got sick for a week and messed up all her progress

blue_elephant
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:08 PM
Duct tape, I use that shit on everything ;). In all seriousness I just let him run around naked bums are far too expensive to keep putting a new one on every time they take them off.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)