Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

She wants me to take her where?? *update

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:06 PM
  • 55 Replies
*update* thank you all for the input. I think I will tell her to call and get an appointment and basically just drive her there and sit in the car. I don't want to go behind my moms back but I don't want to break my sisters trust.

My 16yr old sister has started having sex with her boyfriend of 2yrs. She wants me to take her to the health department to be put on birth control. I'm not sure I feel comfortable doing that without my moms permission. My sister doesnt want to tell her because she knows she will freak out.

I'm conflicted about what to do because on one hand I want to take her because she doesn't need a child at 16 but on the other hand I'm going behind my moms back and that just doesn't sit well with me.

Has anyone been in this situation before? Or if you're a parent of an older child what would you do or say in a situation like this? Any help would be appreciated.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
3lilmonsters88
by Carolina Sky on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:14 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:19 PM
1 mom liked this
"I commend you for trying to be responsible, but out of respect for our mother I cannot be involved. Please find somebody else to take you."
Gabrielle1982
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:21 PM

Maybe tell your mom you're taking her and that she didn't want you to tell because she was embarrassed, unless you think your mom won't let her be on birth control.  The most similar experience I had was my boyfriend's younger brother was dating a girl and I knew they were having sex and that they were stupid and probably not using protection.  I knew the girl's mother quite well and told her.  I felt weird telling her but I knew her mom would appreciate knowing so she could put her daughter on birth control.  I guess she didn't tell her daughter I told her because it never came back around to me like I expected.

3lilmonsters88
by Carolina Sky on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:25 PM
She says they've only done it once because he's in college and only comes home once a month. She claims they used protection but idk. My mom had me a 16 so I know she would want to know. I just don't want to upset either one of them. I guess I just need to woman up and tell my mom.

Quoting Gabrielle1982:

Maybe tell your mom you're taking her and that she didn't want you to tell because she was embarrassed, unless you think your mom won't let her be on birth control.  The most similar experience I had was my boyfriend's younger brother was dating a girl and I knew they were having sex and that they were stupid and probably not using protection.  I knew the girl's mother quite well and told her.  I felt weird telling her but I knew her mom would appreciate knowing so she could put her daughter on birth control.  I guess she didn't tell her daughter I told her because it never came back around to me like I expected.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
flowersbane
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Id take her, better she be on the pill then be pregnant.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:27 PM
My 15 year old cousin asked me to take her and I didn't hesitate. It's a smart decision for a sexually active girl and there is no reason not to. Moms will be upset but better upset than a grandma.
3lilmonsters88
by Carolina Sky on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:28 PM
That is true

Quoting Anonymous:

My 15 year old cousin asked me to take her and I didn't hesitate. It's a smart decision for a sexually active girl and there is no reason not to. Moms will be upset but better upset than a grandma.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Take her you don't need to know what she's going in for. She can get it without you. Just drive the car.
brittany208
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:29 PM
1 mom liked this

If he's in college, he likely has no business being with a 16yo. I wouldn't take her. I would have a serious, very long discussion with her.

Quoting 3lilmonsters88:

She says they've only done it once because he's in college and only comes home once a month. She claims they used protection but idk. My mom had me a 16 so I know she would want to know. I just don't want to upset either one of them. I guess I just need to woman up and tell my mom.

Quoting Gabrielle1982:

redneckmama2
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:29 PM
2 moms liked this

I would speak to your mom, ask her to keep the convo between the two of you because you do not want to break your sisters confidence in you but you also felt she needs to know what is going on. I mean what if your sister has a allergic reaction to the pill and your mom has no clue she is on it! Or you could even make that point to your sister as to why she needs to let your mom know. She does not even need to tell your mom she has had sex already, she can just say that she has been thinking of it and wants to ensure that when it does happen she is protected from pregnancy, though she should still be using condoms due to possibility of STDs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)