Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Boys and Girls sharing a bedroom?

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:06 PM
  • 42 Replies

We have a room for our girls and a separate room for our boys. That's just what we find to be appropriate and works out for us.

What do you ladies think about having kids of different sexes sleeping in the same bedroom? What do you find appropriate?

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:08 PM
1 mom liked this

My daughter, nine, and my son, six, share a bedroom.  It works for us.  Different families have different needs and different relationships.

ethans_momma06
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:10 PM

Growing up, there was a point where my two brothers and my sister and I all shared one bedroom (oldest around 7-8, youngest being an infant). It was cramped, and we moved to a bigger house where we split into two rooms (one for boys one for girls) at that point but... other than that it was totally fine.

Nothing inappropriate going on at all, and no one felt uncomfortable. I think after a certain age it's awkward for the kids- and then (IMO) it shouldnt be done.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:11 PM
1 mom liked this
My 5 yr old boy has been sleeping with his sister(3) for the past 2 weeks.They like it and they both sleep so much better so I don't care.They have their own rooms and beds but without fail they end up together.Beats them coming in my room which they both do if not together.

Quoting yperez0209:

We have a room for our girls and a separate room for our boys. That's just what we find to be appropriate and works out for us.

What do you ladies think about having kids of different sexes sleeping in the same bedroom? What do you find appropriate?

wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:11 PM

I agree with you,

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:07 PM

That's how ours are too, they don't like sleeping alone, so we just made them a shared room.  They're happy that way.

Quoting Anonymous:

My 5 yr old boy has been sleeping with his sister(3) for the past 2 weeks.They like it and they both sleep so much better so I don't care.They have their own rooms and beds but without fail they end up together.Beats them coming in my room which they both do if not together.

Quoting yperez0209:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:09 PM
1 mom liked this
my 10yr old daughter and 8yr old son share..No biggie...I'm a single mom...and I don't live off the govt...so that's what I can afford on my own.
brittany208
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:09 PM

I shared a room with my brother when I was younger. Don't remember until what age. We had a shelf that divided the room in half and then our beds were on either side. I don't think its inappropriate. I'd give them their own rooms if I had space, but if i didnt, then it'd be fine. they shouldnt be doing anything that the opposite sex cant see anyways. and its their sibling, not their boyfriend/girlfriend.

yperez0209
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:15 PM

I can understand that it's the best you can do at the moment for your family.  

Quoting Anonymous:

my 10yr old daughter and 8yr old son share..No biggie...I'm a single mom...and I don't live off the govt...so that's what I can afford on my own.

KairisMama
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:16 PM

My 6 yo DD and 2 yo DS share. We've had no issues with it.

mistie900
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:18 PM
My dd is 5 and my ds is 4. They have shared a room for awhile now. We live in a tiny two bedroom so they have to share.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured