Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Hairdressers help!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
Okay I went to bleach the top of my hair and make the bottom red Sally's told me to put the red all over then section out where I want blonde and put the bleach in. Well I've got orange hair. What's next?pic in reply
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:32 PM

jacquelynxox
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:33 PM
Go to a professional. You're going to ruin your hair f you try to bleach it out again.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:33 PM
Yikes! That's why I always have a hairdresser do my hair. Good luck!
babybelly25
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:34 PM

Try Oops Color remover.... it just used it a few days ago and it worked well for me! But leave it on 45mins instead of 20 and rinse, rinse, rinse!!!! GL

Always1222
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:35 PM

I would either go see a professional or wait a day and then buy color remover. You leave it on until there is no color it's usually a blonde color then you could leave it or dye it a different shade. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:37 PM
I like to experiment my hair dressers always just do what they want not what I ask for

Quoting Anonymous:

amberandmonker
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:39 PM
People that work at Sally's aren't professionals. Hope u get that fixed soon
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
misskriss10
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:41 PM

I would go to a hairdresser. And make sure you tell them exactly what you want and let them know that you don't want them to do ANYTHING else to it. 

-JC-
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:42 PM

So you colored it... then tried to bleach it? 

You should have only put the red where you wanted it. And put foil over it, holding it in with clips. Then bleached what you wanted blonde. 

Why would you deposit color just to remove it? (Not trying to be a jerk to you... just the people at Sally's are dumb) 

At this point... heavy condition. If you have mayo or olive oil in your home, cover root to tip (focusing on the tips) and cover with saran wrap/shower cap/bag. Leave it on as long as you can stand... overnight if you can. 

Tomorrow you can try "Oops Color Remover" But understand, it will remove ALL color. It will NOT leave you with bleach blonde hair but rather an orangy, pale something or other. Then you can redeposit a color in it.

Make sure that you give your a lot of extra conditioning after all this. 

Kellileanne
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:45 PM

You haven't found the right one yet.  Go to a professional and be very clear with what you want and ask if they have any problems with it.  If they try to talk you out of it walk out, not the right one.

Quoting Anonymous:

I like to experiment my hair dressers always just do what they want not what I ask for

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)