Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Uggg..earache..help...

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:40 PM
  • 12 Replies

Im in pain, I have an earache and my ear hurts, my teeth hurt, my neck hurts and my eye, Ive never had one this terrible, Ive taken Tylenol and ibuprofen, not at the same time, this has been going on all day, and nothing helps, what can I do, Im in pain!!!

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ahappymommy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:42 PM

BUMP!

JayeC2
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:43 PM

Heat is your friend.  If you have any sort of rice or buckwheat hot pack you can microwave, do it.  Even a hot wet washcloth, but wring it out.  You can use a heating pad on low, with a towel over.  Do be careful not to burn yourself.  In a pinch, I've used a flashlight - yeah, you look silly holding a flashlight up to your ear, but it was warm enough to help with the pain.....

JBiiirdD
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Peroxide, followed by half white vinegar, half warm water.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KaroGreenly
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:43 PM

Fill a sock with rice, tie a knot in it. Put it in the microwave until its warm. Lay down with the hurt ear up, place the rice sock on the hurt ear.

connorsmommy120
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:44 PM

Do you have a heating pad, or a rice sock? 

elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:44 PM

I agree with heat. Also Benadryl!

ahappymommy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:44 PM

THank you trying that now~

Val99
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:45 PM

I started getting them as an adult when I worked in a building that had a leak in the AC system.  My doctor thought fungus grew in the ducts.  8 people who sat on one side of the building started getting adult onset ear infections.  

They are sooo painful.  I have tried all kinds of things (heat, cold, allergy/sinus/cold meds, etc) and the only relief I got was through antibiotics.  They have ear ache medicine in the drug stores, but it's more geared towards swimmer's ear and won't touch a painful infection.

loretta6262
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:47 PM

Sorry for your pain. I have been going through the same thing for the last 3 weeks and I have been on antibiotics, thinking I am gonna have to go and get another round, because I am so tired of it. On the plus with my teeth hurting because of it, I don't want to eat and have lost about 10 pounds.

SavdNSanctified
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:47 PM
3-5 drops of peroxide in the ear every 4 hours.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN