Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Shoul I be worried if the last guy I slept with just asked me

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 35 Replies
When I was last tested??? I'm pregnant and haven't had sex since October. It was with the father of my baby. He just text me and asked when I was last tested. I said end of November when I started seeing my new dr. I asked if he was worried he had something and he says "no just too lazy to go get tested" ummm wtf. So now I'm going to ask to be retested when I see the dr on Friday.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pnukey
by Jenn on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:55 PM

Yeah, that sounds kind of sketchy.

Ms.Pink.
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:57 PM
Yup. Unless he was having symptoms, I don't see any other reason he'd ask or state he's too lazy to get tested. And just bc you were negative in Nov, doesn't necessarily mean you weren't infected.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FoxFire363
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:58 PM

That would raise some concerns. However, if you are pregnant and getting regular prenatal care, you probably have been tested by your caregiver. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:00 PM
I got pregnant the beginning of July. He's the only guy I've slept with. I was first tested in the beginning of September at my first ob apt. It was negative then. When I moved and started seeing a new dr it was still negative. But I'm concerned now so ill for sure get tested again.

Quoting Ms.Pink.:

Yup. Unless he was having symptoms, I don't see any other reason he'd ask or state he's too lazy to get tested. And just bc you were negative in Nov, doesn't necessarily mean you weren't infected.
Meghan6391
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:01 PM
I would get checked again. I am married and i get checked yearly, no i don't expect my husband to cheat, i just like knowing what's going on with my body... and of he does cheat i will know lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Ms.Pink.
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:01 PM
When was the last time you slept with him?

Quoting Anonymous:

I got pregnant the beginning of July. He's the only guy I've slept with. I was first tested in the beginning of September at my first ob apt. It was negative then. When I moved and started seeing a new dr it was still negative. But I'm concerned now so ill for sure get tested again.

Quoting Ms.Pink.:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah I would be worried and getting tested probably 2 more times 6 months apart.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:02 PM

That would raise my eyebrows!  But really, you're seeing a doctor, you might want to mention what the bf told you.  It won't hurt to do another std. panel. 

Saille717
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:02 PM

How long have you two been together? 

momof2girls89
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:02 PM

Some STDs take a few weeks or months to show up postive after intercourse (HIV, Herpes, etc.). I would definitely ask to get retested. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)