Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

In the restaurant, those were my kids...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Yup, that was me, my sis and her guy, and all of those little ones were my kids in that restaurant today. Yup, that was my daughter making the mess with her food because she grabs too much and shoves it into her face instead of mouth. Yup, that was my almost two year old giving the soccer whistle screech at the top of his lungs because he can't communicate. Yup, that was my second child yelling at the top of his lungs while having a conversation. Yup, that was my oldest making all of those weird movie effect sounds and tapping on the table. I know it bothered you.

I know you saw me trying to handle the situation. Trying to feed my baby; taking my almost two year old into the bathroom for punishment; signing to my three year old to use signs instead of trying to talk in a place he cannot hear language due to crowd; and trying to get my oldest to stim by rubbing the table instead of tapping it.

It's tradition for us to eat out the first week of February when we first get our returns back. It's the only time I do it because of my kids.

I thank the waitress deeply for putting up with us (yes, we tipped her very well). I thank the other patrons for not coming up to me this time (I have been approached before). I did like the "knowing smile" that the one man gave my sister's boyfriend when he downed his beer and got another one. I really appreciate the nice lady who said "hi" to my oldest while we were leaving and giving him a brilliant smile.

I know we were loud. I know it looked like I had no control over them, but believe me when I say that it could have been worse.

Now I'm going to go and take a bath before one of them starts the nightly wake-up routine they all still have. I am just very thankful that this time no one came over to tell me to control my children. I am very thankful that only a few people looked over with annoyance. I can see you, even while trying to handle them all.

But, again, thank you for not coming up to me to attack my parenting.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:06 PM
Replies (211-220):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:58 AM
I would have asked to have you moved some place else. I don't care if you only go out once a year, it is not fair to anyone else. They didn't pay to deal with that shit.
Sekirei
by LoKitty on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:00 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

If all that is wrong with your damn kids then you DO need to keep those loud brats at home. Reading this just gave me a headache kids like yours are the reason for the NO CHILDREN rule at certain places. Holy shit!!

She does this once a year... and went to a family friendly restaurant. Gods, I hope you don't teach your kids this kind of nastiness. 

Pooobaihr
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:00 AM
I have 3 special needs babes. My oldest has ADHD and is getting tested for other things, my middle has developemental delays and learning disorders and my baby is lmoderately autistic. However, I don't have the same problem as you do. Mine all behave well in public. The most issue I would have is ds3 babbling and singing. But its never loud, its always low and to himself. He also stims, but not enough to be a distraction to anyone else.

I can't imagine having all 3 of mine acting out all at the same time. I think the only time I ever had that issue is when they were all babies and even then, it wasn't too bad. Good luck. I'm sure eventually they'll come around or at least get a bit more managable.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
manamott
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:01 AM

I don't understand the people saying that they hate it when you go out and have to deal with other people's misbehaving children. What exactly do you have to do? It's not like you have to discipline them or clean up their mess. Just ignore them...I just don't get it. Anyone should be able to go out to eat anytime they want without fear. Kids misbehave. It happens. I would understand if they maybe went to a really fancy un-kid friendly place but it doesn't sound like that was the case. The only time I could get irritated at someone else's kids in a restaurant is when the parent's are just thinking it's funny or ignoring it and not trying to control the situation at all. My three kids have been really great when we have gone out to eat and they have been really terrible. But you know what? We enjoy going out to eat. So we do. I always try to control the situation and we never go anywhere really fancy. I just can't believe some people would say you shouldn't be able to go enjoy a dinner with your family because others might be disturbed. 

berlgirl1224
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:02 AM
3 moms liked this
It's funny how every "woman" who says you should have taken them out of the restaurant ASAP or should have ordered out, etc, are all anonymous posters, hmmm. They are also no letting anyone know who they are when they say you shouldn't have had anymore kids after your first ones were born "messed up". I didn't know you were psychic, OP! I didn't know you could tell ahead of time if your children would be "messed up", and you still decided to get pregnant. Oh how dare you lol. When I was pregnant with both of my boys, I was told there were chances of complications, should I have aborted,,all of you anon posters? Should I have murdered innocent babies? Maybe, if that what you apparently believe. But I didn't, and my babies were born healthy. They may have a few small problems now but nothing I can't deal with, no child is perfect. And if you think your child is, you better call Ripley's. all people, regardless of color, age, disability, etc deserves to go out and eat. Are you freakin kidding me? Did we go back one hundred years and I missed the memo? Like when everything was segregated? Are we now not allowed children with disabilities into restaurants or stores or airlines? Where the hell should we put them? Back in homes? Lock em up like we used to and understaff the homes, treat the children like garbage? Yeah, that's what we should do, worked great forbid then, right? You people are disgusting
LoveMyLos
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:02 AM
1 mom liked this

i think people who don't want hear other peoples kids should stay the fuck home. same thing with anything else. gay people, old people, kids, black people, hispanic.....ect

don't want to see or hear it, stay the fuck home!

cjsmom1
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:03 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm glad people were so understanding. I work with adults with disabilities and it can be a challenge sometimes when we go out. People often don't understand that there aren't always behaviors.

For the people who say don't bring them out. Do you expect them to never go out? I know we must go out at least 6 places a week to be in compliance with state mandates.
LoveMyLos
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:04 AM

theyre anon so they can be cuntastic asswipes. none of these douch rags would ever have the vagina to actually say something like what is being said in here, to someone face. 

Quoting berlgirl1224:

It's funny how every "woman" who says you should have taken them out of the restaurant ASAP or should have ordered out, etc, are all anonymous posters, hmmm. They are also no letting anyone know who they are when they say you shouldn't have had anymore kids after your first ones were born "messed up". I didn't know you were psychic, OP! I didn't know you could tell ahead of time if your children would be "messed up", and you still decided to get pregnant. Oh how dare you lol. When I was pregnant with both of my boys, I was told there were chances of complications, should I have aborted,,all of you anon posters? Should I have murdered innocent babies? Maybe, if that what you apparently believe. But I didn't, and my babies were born healthy. They may have a few small problems now but nothing I can't deal with, no child is perfect. And if you think your child is, you better call Ripley's. all people, regardless of color, age, disability, etc deserves to go out and eat. Are you freakin kidding me? Did we go back one hundred years and I missed the memo? Like when everything was segregated? Are we now not allowed children with disabilities into restaurants or stores or airlines? Where the hell should we put them? Back in homes? Lock em up like we used to and understaff the homes, treat the children like garbage? Yeah, that's what we should do, worked great forbid then, right? You people are disgusting

LoveMyLos
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:05 AM
1 mom liked this

stay the fuck home then! not hard. 

Quoting Anonymous:

If all that is wrong with your damn kids then you DO need to keep those loud brats at home. Reading this just gave me a headache kids like yours are the reason for the NO CHILDREN rule at certain places. Holy shit!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:05 AM
Do you get ssi for any of your kids? You might qualify for respite care every now and then.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)