Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

In the restaurant, those were my kids...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Yup, that was me, my sis and her guy, and all of those little ones were my kids in that restaurant today. Yup, that was my daughter making the mess with her food because she grabs too much and shoves it into her face instead of mouth. Yup, that was my almost two year old giving the soccer whistle screech at the top of his lungs because he can't communicate. Yup, that was my second child yelling at the top of his lungs while having a conversation. Yup, that was my oldest making all of those weird movie effect sounds and tapping on the table. I know it bothered you.

I know you saw me trying to handle the situation. Trying to feed my baby; taking my almost two year old into the bathroom for punishment; signing to my three year old to use signs instead of trying to talk in a place he cannot hear language due to crowd; and trying to get my oldest to stim by rubbing the table instead of tapping it.

It's tradition for us to eat out the first week of February when we first get our returns back. It's the only time I do it because of my kids.

I thank the waitress deeply for putting up with us (yes, we tipped her very well). I thank the other patrons for not coming up to me this time (I have been approached before). I did like the "knowing smile" that the one man gave my sister's boyfriend when he downed his beer and got another one. I really appreciate the nice lady who said "hi" to my oldest while we were leaving and giving him a brilliant smile.

I know we were loud. I know it looked like I had no control over them, but believe me when I say that it could have been worse.

Now I'm going to go and take a bath before one of them starts the nightly wake-up routine they all still have. I am just very thankful that this time no one came over to tell me to control my children. I am very thankful that only a few people looked over with annoyance. I can see you, even while trying to handle them all.

But, again, thank you for not coming up to me to attack my parenting.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:06 PM
Replies (221-230):
cjsmom1
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:06 AM
To add: you did everything you could and I'm sure other people appreciated it. You took a table in the back and offered your kids coping skills.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LoveMyLos
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:06 AM

your mother should have swallowed you. jusdt like all the other asshats who think like you. 

Quoting Anonymous:

After the first two are born with issues, isn't it time to stop having children?  Obviously you and your SO's genes just don't mix well.  Why continue to bring children into the world who will have impairments?  There's no excuse to keep having children when every single one you've had has issues.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't know why they all do, honestly. I didn't ask for them to have something wrong with them. My oldest has ASD and ADHD; my second child has a hearing disability and a heart defect; my third child is being looked at for ODD; and my fourth has delays and a heart defect (which is a different defect than my third child's). Honestly, not a single one is the same.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why do all your kids have something wrong with them? No offense ..

KRIZZ25
we try to make excuses for ower kids bad behavior. when its ower fault for letting it happen in first place.we need to show them how to behave. dont make excuses ..make solutions ..
Yesterday at 9:54 PM
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:15 AM
sorry i would have take all them out to the car and gone home.my kids act up we are gone.. jmo.
N_maricle
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:17 AM
It can be super hard! Good job mama!
ejsmom4604
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh no, I did enjoy getting out. I even had dessert that I didn't have to make myself. It is difficult, but I always look forward to it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Your restaurant trip didn't sound like much fun.

There is nothing stopping you from "getting out".  I find it rude that you subject other restaurant patrons to your family excursions though.  It's not just about you. 

I find it rude that you believe that children with special needs shouldn't be allowed to go out to places that they have every right to go to. If the owner/manager doesn't want them there, they can say something. Get over it. You don't want to be disturbed while YOU eat...YOU stay home. My kids, and the OP's kids, and all other kids everywhere have the right to go out with their family. End of story...very simple. 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:23 AM

I an understand that. I don't mind if someone does that. I make sure we are in the back away from people and usually it's pretty bare-boned area when we arrive.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am not going to lie if me and my husband go out to eat with no kids and I see a family with a bunch of kids I will ask if it is possible to be seated away from them, we are out without ours and it does not happen too often, I do not want a kid in the booth behind me wiping ketchup down the back of my shirt lol If my kids are with me I do not care who we sit by, I actually prefer for other kids to be around, my kids usually end up making conversation with them.  I would not have batted an eye at you, I know how hard parenting can be and for some it is harder.  I am sorry people give you dirty looks.

TwilightMom815
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:25 AM
Wow big kudos to u! And I don't judge moms with special needs kids cuz I have one as well.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 56 on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:28 AM

Why did you keep trotting out the babies knowing that the others had disabilities that were hard to handle?

You do know there are things out there to prevent pregnancy.

I think it's pretty selfish to keep popping out kids while your other children obviously need more attention than you can give them.

Perhaps you kept trying for the 'perfect' kid....

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't know why they all do, honestly. I didn't ask for them to have something wrong with them. My oldest has ASD and ADHD; my second child has a hearing disability and a heart defect; my third child is being looked at for ODD; and my fourth has delays and a heart defect (which is a different defect than my third child's). Honestly, not a single one is the same.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 57 on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:28 AM
2 moms liked this

I'm sorry that you are such a bitch about things like this. If you are so offended and irritated get up and leave. Oh but then you wouldn't have anything to bitch about. To bad so sad!

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe someone else in that restaurant only goes out to eat once a year too. And you completely ruined their treat for themselves.

I honestly can't stand parents that take their kids out to restaurants when they though they aren't capable of handling it. If they can't act like an adult at the table then get a sitter or don't go out to eat. Why not just go to Chuck E Cheese if you know they're going to act like that?

We tried to taking ds to a restaurant when he was two. He couldn't handle it so I immediately grabbed him up and waited in the car with him while dh had the food boxed up and paid. Didn't try again until ds was 4.

DyerMaker
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:28 AM
1 mom liked this

I have been there with my son who is 3 1/2 and non verbal autistic. I have also had those times when the majority of people are caring considerate, and non judgmental. I never know what kind of day I am going to have with him and the public, but I totally agree that the times like this are cherished so much. I am glad you had a pleasant dining experience.... As pleasant as it can be. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)