Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

In the restaurant, those were my kids...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Yup, that was me, my sis and her guy, and all of those little ones were my kids in that restaurant today. Yup, that was my daughter making the mess with her food because she grabs too much and shoves it into her face instead of mouth. Yup, that was my almost two year old giving the soccer whistle screech at the top of his lungs because he can't communicate. Yup, that was my second child yelling at the top of his lungs while having a conversation. Yup, that was my oldest making all of those weird movie effect sounds and tapping on the table. I know it bothered you.

I know you saw me trying to handle the situation. Trying to feed my baby; taking my almost two year old into the bathroom for punishment; signing to my three year old to use signs instead of trying to talk in a place he cannot hear language due to crowd; and trying to get my oldest to stim by rubbing the table instead of tapping it.

It's tradition for us to eat out the first week of February when we first get our returns back. It's the only time I do it because of my kids.

I thank the waitress deeply for putting up with us (yes, we tipped her very well). I thank the other patrons for not coming up to me this time (I have been approached before). I did like the "knowing smile" that the one man gave my sister's boyfriend when he downed his beer and got another one. I really appreciate the nice lady who said "hi" to my oldest while we were leaving and giving him a brilliant smile.

I know we were loud. I know it looked like I had no control over them, but believe me when I say that it could have been worse.

Now I'm going to go and take a bath before one of them starts the nightly wake-up routine they all still have. I am just very thankful that this time no one came over to tell me to control my children. I am very thankful that only a few people looked over with annoyance. I can see you, even while trying to handle them all.

But, again, thank you for not coming up to me to attack my parenting.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:06 PM
Replies (151-160):
kris_81
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:53 AM
Wow you are like supermom! :-) hugs
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MrsErdos2011
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:54 AM
1 mom liked this

There is nothing wrong with children that have disabilities. They are children no matter what and deserve to be loved and I bet you anything OP doesn't care about their disabilites because she loves them as indviduals rather than finds them a burden, just as every mother does. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Why would you keep having children if you know that they have some type of disability. I don't feel sorry for you, you probably should have started to use birth control after number 1 or 2. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't know why they all do, honestly. I didn't ask for them to have something wrong with them. My oldest has ASD and ADHD; my second child has a hearing disability and a heart defect; my third child is being looked at for ODD; and my fourth has delays and a heart defect (which is a different defect than my third child's). Honestly, not a single one is the same.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why do all your kids have something wrong with them? No offense ..

I may not be a perfect wife or mother but I am perfect in the eyes of my son and my husband and that is all that matters.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 33 on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:55 AM

Well, I agree with the moms asking why you would continue to have children with special needs. I don't feel for you, sorry.  You did it to yourself.

Yogamom08
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:56 AM
I have only child. He has ASD and possibly ADHD, and I scream in my pillow pretty often as well :)

Sounds like you are doing an amazing job!

Quoting Anonymous:

Nope. I scream into my pillows very often.

Quoting flowersbane:

dear god woman, you must have the patience of a god!

Good on you!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 33 on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:59 AM

No one said that there was anything wrong with children who have disabilities.  My point is, why continue to have special needs children, use birth control.  Don't continue to have children knowing the ones you do have are special needs and then come on an internet forum and make a post like you are a super mom and we should all be in awe of you..no, sorry.  I don't feel for her, she made the choice to have more children after number 1 or 2 therefore she chose her life. 

Quoting MrsErdos2011:

There is nothing wrong with children that have disabilities. They are children no matter what and deserve to be loved and I bet you anything OP doesn't care about their disabilites because she loves them as indviduals rather than finds them a burden, just as every mother does. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Why would you keep having children if you know that they have some type of disability. I don't feel sorry for you, you probably should have started to use birth control after number 1 or 2. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't know why they all do, honestly. I didn't ask for them to have something wrong with them. My oldest has ASD and ADHD; my second child has a hearing disability and a heart defect; my third child is being looked at for ODD; and my fourth has delays and a heart defect (which is a different defect than my third child's). Honestly, not a single one is the same.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 36 on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:00 AM

You have the patience of a saint. With all that going on, I would have responded terrible if someone were to approach us lol.

I'm glad your return allowed you to have a nice (wild) night out lol. Maybe it would be better (for your guys) to find a more kid-friendly place, where people expect it? I couldn't care less being in a restaurant potentially pissing people off, but I'd hate to be attacked by someone for it...

Good luck mama!!

iluvsn85
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:02 AM
You are a strong lady! I know the looks and comments your talking about, sometimes there tuff to take esp when you are doing the best you can in public. Good luck to you and your family!
MrsErdos2011
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:07 AM

Sometimes you can't know if they are going to have disabilities. If the children are wanted it doesn't matter. Honestly I think anyone who is willing to take 4 or more children to a resturant deserves a medal. I have trouble with my husband and son at times. We all choose our lives and we play the hand we are dealt. 

Quoting Anonymous:

No one said that there was anything wrong with children who have disabilities.  My point is, why continue to have special needs children, use birth control.  Don't continue to have children knowing the ones you do have are special needs and then come on an internet forum and make a post like you are a super mom and we should all be in awe of you..no, sorry.  I don't feel for her, she made the choice to have more children after number 1 or 2 therefore she chose her life. 

Quoting MrsErdos2011:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

I may not be a perfect wife or mother but I am perfect in the eyes of my son and my husband and that is all that matters.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 37 on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:08 AM

Really? Wow I didn't know this.

Quoting Anonymous:

Please don't take offense to this, I mean it in the best of ways, but do you know many people in the deaf community?  Calling it a hearing disability is not a good thing.  I myself am profoundly deaf and I know many who would jump down your throat far enough to tickle your ovaries for using that term.  Not me, I think some are overly senstive about using "pc" terms for things.  But was just curious if you were aware how offensive some in the deaf community can find the term hearing "disability."

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

shimmifairy
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:12 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh, Hunny...of course you didn't ask for all that (hug) I have two with disabilities...and while there are similarities between them, the way I have to handle each of them is completely different...It can be difficult to get out with four typical children as young as yours are...

I know it can be overwhelming, boy do I know! Though I only have two, it's because I couldn't have handled four ;) Maybe you have heard this before, but I believe there are no accidents in life....Whatever higher power you personally believe in, these children were given to you because you're the best person out of all the millions in the wold to be their mother, to love them, accept them and raise them....No one else would do it they way you do....

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN