Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

It won't grow!! *Edit*

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:08 PM
  • 71 Replies
1 mom liked this

Dd's hair hasn't grown. Is this normal? The picture on the left was Sunday. The one on the right was last march! She has not had a haircut for 2 years.

The older picture is on the right. That is about a year ago!

The more recent picture is the one where she is wearing glasses.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SavdNSanctified
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:13 PM
My 3 year old has non-growing hair too. She has never had a haircut and she has about 5 times less hair than your DD. She still has the same amount of hair as a 6 month old. I don't get it, so if you figure out a secret...please let me know! Lol
MommyLehr
by Veronica on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:14 PM
Lol I will!

Quoting SavdNSanctified:

My 3 year old has non-growing hair too. She has never had a haircut and she has about 5 times less hair than your DD. She still has the same amount of hair as a 6 month old. I don't get it, so if you figure out a secret...please let me know! Lol
nicndetsmom
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:15 PM
She is beautiful! Idk what advice to give, but my niece was nearly bald til she was about 6 and has long beautiful hair now!
angie944
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:15 PM

It looks like it has grown about an inch downward, but since her hair is sooo curly, it probably is just taking a long time for it to be noticeable.. if it was straight you would tell more how much it has grown.  No worries, her hair is still growing.. =) 

RaynesMommy07
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:16 PM

Try this. It really works. It's $10 at Walgreens. She's super cute!!!
MommyLehr
by Veronica on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:16 PM
Wow! That's a long time to be bald!

Quoting nicndetsmom:

She is beautiful! Idk what advice to give, but my niece was nearly bald til she was about 6 and has long beautiful hair now!
MommyLehr
by Veronica on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:17 PM
Thanks! Where can I find thatin the store? I ask because our Walmart doesn't have an ethic hair care section. I have been looking for a good leave in conditioner

Quoting RaynesMommy07:

RaynesMommy07
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:18 PM
Try Walgreens or Sally's beauty supply. It tingles the scalp but not in a bad way.

Quoting MommyLehr:

Thanks! Where can I find thatin the store? I ask because our Walmart doesn't have an ethic hair care section. I have been looking for a good leave in conditioner

Quoting RaynesMommy07:

Freela
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:19 PM

It's something to do with wavy/curly hair, according to my hairdresser. It just does not grow the same- either it grows more slowly, or it doesn't show as much because the length is lost in the curl, or it is more fragile and breaks off sooner, giving the illusion that it isn't growing. I have two girls, one with straight hair and one with curls, and the one with curls has had hair about the same length for years. I do trim it a couple of times a year to get rid of dead ends, but there is never much perceptible growth, and she's six years old now. It also never grows to the same length- she always has shorter pieces at the side that never grow to the length of the back.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:19 PM
It just has to wind its! way down. Darm slow curly hair!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN