Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Were you spanked as a child?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 116 Replies
Do you remember being spanked? If so, how do you feel about it now?

I was spanked. I only remember it happening a few times though. I remember once, I was about 5 I guess, when I took my moms nail polish and tried painting my nails on my bed but spilled the red nail polish all over my comforter. Yep, got a spanking for that one, haha.

What I remember more than actual spankings is acting up and public and my mom leaning down and whispering, "Do we need to take a trip to the bathroom?" That always made my ass straigten up because no ma'am...I knew what would happen if we went in that bathroom.

I really don't have any feelings about it, looking back. I'm not upset that my mom spanked me and I was usually a well behaved kid.

*There is no need to turn this into a spanking debate. Just answer the question or don't post at all. I do not care how you choose to discipline your child*
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:10 PM

No......not at all.

momtolittleg
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:11 PM

Yep. And I always deserved it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:12 PM
Yes but rarely. We weren't kids that misbehaved very often. One I really remember is me an my brother went fort hunting in the woods an got lost. My mom had everyone looking for us, we came out a little down the street from our house an she beat us all the way home. We still laugh about it till this day as the most memorable ass beating we got..lol.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:12 PM
Nope never. But I think they should have honestly...
SnapIt
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeap
Dont remeber it and it didnt turn me into anything bad
I think i got spanked twice, i guess i learned my lesson
And i have with my kids too. They are 11-13 and ive only spanked them twice as well, otherwise they are great kids.

We use to get threatened with the belt a lot. Just the sound of the snap put us in our places and stop our shit
Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:13 PM

Yea. Probably a total of about 5 times. Only by my dad. He punched me in the arm once too when I was 13. I don't think much of it at all.. The things I think affected me were like when hed call me stupid and stuff.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:14 PM
Yes i was. I'm pretty sure i deserved it.
kappalopokis
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:14 PM
Yes I was. And it absolutely worked.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:14 PM
2 moms liked this

yep i was spanked as a child. at the time i hated it but now as an adult i know i deserve every single ass whooping I got.   I tried really hard in school because i knew if i got anything below a C i got a spanking. I knew how to act in public because i knew if it acted up i got a spanking.

My kids got spanked when they were smaller, now they are almost 10 and 13, they rarely get spanking anymore. I would tell my kids do they want to go to the car, they would straighten up  because they knew what would happen if went to the car.

Spoiled_Blonde
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:14 PM

Yep, and I deserved every one of them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)