Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

FF moms are so uneducated!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Now that I have your attention..

This is a spin-off.

Why does it seem like exclusively BF moms know more about proper formula preparation and storage than moms who *actually* use the stuff??? I've seen it here and in real life too many times to count.

Honestly, I think BFing moms are generally more educated when it comes to baby stuff.. just an observation. What do y'all think?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:20 PM
Replies (31-40):
KRYSTALK1013
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:38 PM

Any mother, regardless of how she chooses to feed her child(ren) can be educated about all things baby if she chooses too. I planned my daughter, and from the moment I found out I was pregnant, until today, I did any and everything I could to educate myself. I planned on breastfeeding until she was 1. I took classes, read books, spoke to lactation consultants, the works. I was also realistic about the matter, and knew there was a possibility that I wouldn't be able to for one reason or another, so I did my research on formula feeding as well. I spent countless hours doing this, and I'm glad I did. I was able to breast feed for 2 months, then had to switch to formula due to health issues. I was confident in my decision on which formula I chose because I educated myself on the matter, and I knew it was best for my child. A mother is only as educated as she allows herself to be.

Mommytorn
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:38 PM
I was very well educated on formula prep and storage with my daughter because she had some sort of reflux issue and we ( meaning her pedi and I) had to tweak how her bottles were made..then when I had my son he nursed till 3 months and stopped so we had to switch to formula and I made the bottles the same way I did my DDs..which was wrong lol but hey I knew what I was doing right? His pedi finally asked me one day how I made his bottles and he was like um that's not right this is how you do it..I felt so bad cuz my little boy was having problems gaining weight already and I just made it worse :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:39 PM
2 moms liked this

I think it's more likely, that a lot of people are claiming to BF when they actually FF. That's why they know so much.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:39 PM

"FF moms are so uneducated!

Now that I have your attention..

This is a spin-off. 

Why does it seem like exclusively BF moms know more about proper formula preparation and storage than moms who *actually* use the stuff??? I've seen it here and in real life too many times to count. 

Honestly, I think BFing moms are generally more educated when it comes to baby stuff.. just an observation. What do y'all think?
"

What I think is I do not agree.  My comprehension was just fine 

Quoting Anonymous:

Cccuuuz it doesn't have anything to do with what you stated!! Lmao
She is asking why breastfeeding mothers tend to know how to prepare formula better than formula feeding mothers....

Quoting Anonymous:

disagreement = didnt read the post?

How do you figure?

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't think you read this post thoroughly. Lol!

Quoting Anonymous:

no i dont agree.  Ive seen absolutly mentally deficient mothers who breast fed and mother who formula feed alike, how you choose to feed your child has no bearing on your intelligence and parenting skills.

Irenesmommy
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:40 PM

too much time on people's hands and too much google. No one is an expert on parenting and if you think you are an expert you should probably step away from the computer, fresh air is good for you

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:40 PM

banging head into wall

KreatingMe
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:42 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I think it's more likely, that a lot of people are claiming to BF when they actually FF. That's why they know so much.

This.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:43 PM

I think that OP is uneducated. Choosing to BF or FF does not mean one is more educated than the other. Duh! Though BF mom's seem to think otherwise.

Sanctimommy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:47 PM

I don't think this is a unilateral statement.

I FF my youngest because she could not process breastmilk. I BF the other two just fine, though. My mother did the same with me and my sister. I could not process breastmilk and was prescribed formula. My sister was breastfed. My youngest daughter had such a scare with her youngest when SHE developed the same condition, that she chose not to BF her next child past the first two weeks. 

So with my family history (about half of the children from the same sets of parents being BF and the other half not) your hypothesis does not hold up at all.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:50 PM

Honestly, I strictly breastfed my DS and if you asked me the proper way to prepare a bottle, I wouldnt know what to say. I will be the first to admit I dont know more, maybe about breast feeding, but Id never try to educate a FF mom. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)