Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

FF moms are so uneducated!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Now that I have your attention..

This is a spin-off.

Why does it seem like exclusively BF moms know more about proper formula preparation and storage than moms who *actually* use the stuff??? I've seen it here and in real life too many times to count.

Honestly, I think BFing moms are generally more educated when it comes to baby stuff.. just an observation. What do y'all think?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:20 PM
Replies (121-126):
MyGirlsAbbyLiz
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:13 PM
You must know every formula brand made then huh?

Quoting Anonymous:

Gerber soothe and the like is the only formula which contains probiotics. Next contestant please. Formula doesn't contain any live nutrition (unlike breast milj) worth "saving" from boiling. Ready feed bottles are boiled.

Quoting Anonymous:

She's waiting for someone to tell her how they make it, so she can bash them for not boiling the water. There is no need to boil it to sanitize the water OR THE POWDERED FORMULA. It even says on the damn can not to use water over a certain temp or you will destroy the probiotics in the formula.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
merryvoice
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I pretty much get them to shut their mouths by saying the same thing! They do NOT know what we go through, or our reasons for anything and it's none of their business. But yeah, one girl in particular I have to keep reminding that she's not a doctor, and she has no kids so I will not be taking her advice! Even sometimes doctors are a bit out there...

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh!! I know!! Right??? I have had ppl with no children try to tell me I was 'starving' my babies by not ff'ing them!! I actually started asking them, "And from which medical school did you earn your medical degree?" YEP! That always got them to shut their pie hole!! ROFL!! ROFL!! My DD gained 9 ounces from exclusively being fed breast milk in 4 days!! The Pediatrician couldn't believe she gained that much weight! She had lost a bit of weight right after birth, which is totally normal. The Pediatrician told me if she didn't start gaining weight, I would have to supplement bf'ing with formula. I was like OH HELL NO!!! I did not want her to have to drink formula at all!! Thankfully, she has never had to drink formula! She is 5-years-old and healthy as can be!

Quoting merryvoice:

I think it really depends on the person. What really drives me nuts though, are people who don't have kids and think they know everything...and are constantly giving you advice!

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:46 PM

It is amazing how many Moms don't look into anything. They go off the word of other people or a Doctor. Then get defensive if someone suggests that what they were doing, and told was right may be wrong.

davnrori
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:49 PM

Who knows. According to Bf'ing moms there is no medical reason that every woman who has an infant in their care can't breast feed. Doesn't matter if you're not producing, if you don't have enough ducts, if the baby's not gaining weight/is losing weight, or if your breastmilk has been tested and been found nutritionally unsound- Any woman who formula feeds is not a 'real mother'. I want to smash those crunchy b!tches.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:53 PM

LOL

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:54 PM
I love you!

Quoting davnrori:

Who knows. According to Bf'ing moms there is no medical reason that every woman who has an infant in their care can't breast feed. Doesn't matter if you're not producing, if you don't have enough ducts, if the baby's not gaining weight/is losing weight, or if your breastmilk has been tested and been found nutritionally unsound- Any woman who formula feeds is not a 'real mother'. I want to smash those crunchy b!tches.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)