Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Stop putting your dog out on the balcony when it's -15celcius and he is barking his high pitched yap to be let in!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies

The title says it all.

We have concrete balconies, the little miniture mop dog, from what I can see it's white, so maybe a maltese or mix? Is left out in -15C and even colder for up to 30mins everyday around 11-11:30pm every night, yapping away to be let in.

It's annoying and as much as I dislike dogs, I have to feel bad for the little guy.  

Why would a dog owner do this? Should I call management?  I dont want to be "that lady".  You know the one, the crochety cat lady who makes complaints over little things lol.

Aaaaaand, since I know it will be said, it's Toronto.  There is no 11pm noise ordinance here.  

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:44 PM

shameless bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:47 PM

Call animal control.

Clove09
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:48 PM
Awwww poor dog! And you!
I would call management for sure!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:49 PM

animal control doesnt deal with that here, they pick up dead animals mostly.  And the humane society wouldnt come out for that.

Quoting Anonymous:

Call animal control.

TattoodMommy19
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:52 PM
That sucks.

I doubt there is really much that you can do. What's the landlady gonna do, aside from serve a notice? She can't evict them over it, at least I doubt it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
giftedone78
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:57 PM
Call the manager to let them know. The humane society will get the dog if there is evidence of abuse and neglect. I just went through a similar situation with the constant screeching and barking. The owner never cleaned up and the dog urinate over the balcony. My patio stinks of dog urine and feces! I told management and the wench finally got rid of the dog (she wasn't supposed to have it). I threatened to call the health department and management finally did something about it. Now.......getting them to power wash my patio will be another story.
banana-bear
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:58 PM
So sad! I feel bad when my dog has to pee in 40 degree weather :o/
Litlmama87
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Probably too lazy to walk the dog so it can pee and poo
kzuehlk
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:00 AM
That's sad. I have huskies. They are built for cold weather and I still won't leave them outside.

FYI - you spelled "pitch" wrong in your title. It says "bitch". Might want to change it before some crazy MC snob reports and the post gets deleted
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:07 AM

yikes! I suspect they are making him do his business out there, I am so glad Im above not below and hoping it doesnt stink come spring thaw

Quoting giftedone78:

Call the manager to let them know. The humane society will get the dog if there is evidence of abuse and neglect. I just went through a similar situation with the constant screeching and barking. The owner never cleaned up and the dog urinate over the balcony. My patio stinks of dog urine and feces! I told management and the wench finally got rid of the dog (she wasn't supposed to have it). I threatened to call the health department and management finally did something about it. Now.......getting them to power wash my patio will be another story.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)