Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

moms who don't vaccinate...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies

how will you handle it if your child goes into the military or a certain medical profession where vaccinating is require...will you try to stop them from entering those fields all over vaccinations..just wondering bc I was in the army and we had to get vaccinated unless we had doctor note bc we were allergic ...and not getting vac. could have gotten me kicked out bc I was under contract w/ them. My mil recently lost a job for not getting the flu vaccine. Just curious how you would feel and what advice you might them?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:42 PM
By that time their over 18 so their body their choice. I selective and delay vacc though so others could be different.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:49 PM

I get that. I didn't even know about the vaccinations till I went into the military and in one day I was given 5 to 6 shots at once...Thats good that you would support them though.

Quoting Anonymous:

By that time their over 18 so their body their choice. I selective and delay vacc though so others could be different.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:50 PM
1 mom liked this
If there 18 it's their choice. Until then no organization has gotten in the way of my children's lives due to not vaxing my babies.
ilovemykids323
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:52 PM

i would say they are old enoug to make there own choice

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:53 PM

When they are grown the choice will be theirs.  

graycalico
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:54 PM

As adults they can make their own choices about their bodies.  If my teen decided she wanted to get vaxed and she had done her research and made an educated decision then I would let her.

Jynnifer292
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:58 PM

I am hoping they never choose to be in the military, vaccines or not. When they are adults, they can choose what they want to do.

NenaDeAnn
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 6:56 AM
There is not one immediate family member connected to congress that will allow their child or children into the millitary. So why should I sacrafice my children's life for the sake of ungrateful, self serving people that pick on my kids now. Ss far ss being vaccinated, my mom could never get a dr to sign a paper guaranteeing that her kids won't die or get any problems from the vaccine. So from then and there w e were never vaccinated. All my 5 siblings only got chicken pox, I never did. I never, in turned, hsve vaccinated any of my kids, they got chicken pox, I never did. Just cause the government says to get vaccinated, people het vaccinated but only cause they are pressured into it., and dont read the info on all the vaccines.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:10 AM
Wow that's not ur choice and there r congress members w kids in the service..u sounds like a complete bitch glad ur not my mom...she didnt want me to join either but I did and she was damn proud

Quoting NenaDeAnn:

There is not one immediate family member connected to congress that will allow their child or children into the millitary. So why should I sacrafice my children's life for the sake of ungrateful, self serving people that pick on my kids now. Ss far ss being vaccinated, my mom could never get a dr to sign a paper guaranteeing that her kids won't die or get any problems from the vaccine. So from then and there w e were never vaccinated. All my 5 siblings only got chicken pox, I never did. I never, in turned, hsve vaccinated any of my kids, they got chicken pox, I never did. Just cause the government says to get vaccinated, people het vaccinated but only cause they are pressured into it., and dont read the info on all the vaccines.

NenaDeAnn
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 2:44 PM
Hey I married a millitary man, he served his 4 years and and knew how expendable he was when they blew up Khobar Towers in Bahrain in 1996... doesn't mean I have to send my kids out into it. No matter where they go they will end up just as shot up here in the States as much as over seas.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)