Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you think 9 year old dd is old enough to......Pictures added on page 12

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 185 Replies
1 mom liked this

Move to a bedroom down stairs? We have a split level 3 bedroom, 1bath, kitchen and living room up stairs. Down stairs is a family room a bedroom and a bathroom. DD is kinda scared to move down there because it has a sliding glass door but she wants privacy from her younger sister 5 and brother 2. We live in a good neighborhood and we have a little pom pom. But
I am like should I move all her stuff down there or not? I told her she can sleep up here when she
wants or DD 5 can sleep down there.

Edited both floors have a sliding glass door. I will not leave DS on the top floor due to the fact that he can easily get in to everything while I am down there. I think I will move her stuff down there so she can have her privacy during the day and sleep up here at night.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:47 PM
5 moms liked this

Let her try it out for a couple days and see how she likes it before you move all her stuff down there.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:47 PM
4 moms liked this

Elizabeth Smart lived in a good neighborhood also, that didn't keep her safe from being kidnapped out of her bedroom.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:48 PM
25 moms liked this
Wow...that was unnecessary....

Quoting Anonymous:

Elizabeth Smart lived in a good neighborhood also, that didn't keep her safe from being kidnapped out of her bedroom.

elly25
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:49 PM
3 moms liked this

I'd let her try it out and see if she likes it. I'd get a lock system for the sliding door though. Better then what the slider comes with.

ihave1
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:49 PM

I thought she was taken while walking to school. 

Quoting Anonymous:

AlwaysKISA
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:49 PM
Yes. It was. Ugh.

I say let her test the waters for a few days....see how she likes it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow...that was unnecessary....

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abbysmom818
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:50 PM

Oh FFS, really? I know it's true, but did you really have to do that? A kid could be kidnapped from the bedroom next door to their parents. 

To the OP, I agree with the other mom, let her stay down there for a couple of days and see if she likes it before moving everything. And if you want some extra peace of mind for both of you, maybe get a baby monitor for her room? 

Quoting Anonymous:

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

JasonsMom2007
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:50 PM

My 5 year old has had his bedroom downstairs away from us since he was about 6 months old. She will be fine.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:57 PM
nope, it was right out of her room in the middle of the night. and i am not the asshole you quoted btw.

Quoting ihave1:

I thought she was taken while walking to school. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Ok really...baby Lisa Irwin was kidnapped from her room right next to her moms bedroom.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)