Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Looking for advice ladies...

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:07 AM
  • 24 Replies

My husbands birthday is at the end of the month and I'm looking to make it special!

Unfortunately...I suck at this stuff...lol

Al I've come up with is maybe do like 35 presents big and small since it's his 35th...just seems like overkill though.

I'm lost, any creative ideas would be GREATLY appreciated

by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momma3830
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:09 AM
Well 35 gifts does seem like much. Lol. But.

Describe your DH. What does he like? What's he into? Is he a sentimental guy? A man's man? Is he sporty or a certain teams fan?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rvb146
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:10 AM
1 mom liked this
Instead of 35 presents put one gift in a box, inside a box, inside a box until its in 35 boxes. Just to be an ass. I know at 40 you do "over the hill" maybe do an "almost there". I don't have any ideas.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bcoll
by Brandi on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:16 AM

He's definitely the sentimental type. More obscure humor. He's very bright and likes all the "Geeky things" T shirts and whatnot and ANYTHING math lol I mean I can find things he likes anywhere, just wanted to do it special but not a 35 theme, more like a subtle 35. Am I making ANY sense? lol

Quoting Momma3830:

Well 35 gifts does seem like much. Lol. But.

Describe your DH. What does he like? What's he into? Is he a sentimental guy? A man's man? Is he sporty or a certain teams fan?

bcoll
by Brandi on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:17 AM

BUMP!

bcoll
by Brandi on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:17 AM

BUMP!

bcoll
by Brandi on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:18 AM

BUMP!

SkullGoddess
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:44 AM
1 mom liked this

I would say go online and look for Invicta watches, they have all kind of different watches for men and the prices are great.

I hope you find something, good luck!!

truelyred2
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:46 AM
1 mom liked this
for my ex, I had a surprise party. with spiderman invitations, a kids cake with a picture of him at 1 year, kid party decorations, pin the tail on the donkey and then over the hill stuff. jello shots, food tables.
critter_boo
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:01 AM
1 mom liked this
Does he drink ? I'm planning a beer tasting patty for hubby 30th. Everyone invited brings a 6 pack from different category. I will have mini hamburgers ,chipolte Mac and cheese and different bar food type
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:22 AM

35th Birthday Party Ideas

35th Birthday Party Ideas thumbnail
35th Birthday Party Ideas

Fast approaching 40 but not "over the hill," 35-years old is more like over the mound. With people living to 100, 35 is not even half-way up the hill so celebrate this peak time for productivity, looks and happiness by having a wing-ding event. Does this Spark an idea?

1. Aging but Beautiful

• Center the party around a "stay young" theme. Guests can bring products, anti-aging books and even framed advertisements for creams, vitamins and machines guaranteed to peel off the years.

Thirty-Something Gifts

• Thirty-five jewels

Ask guests to bring joke gifts in increments of 35 such as 35 pencils, 35 playing cards (can't get a full deck), 35 grocery coupons (save now). Or, they can only buy gifts with thirty-five pennies, 35¢, thirty-five nickels, $1.75, dimes, $3.50, or quarters, $8.75.

Don't Look Back

• Make being "suddenly suspicious" your party theme as in, "You can't trust anyone over 30." Have someone be a food taster for the guest, another an armed guard. Paste Mylar on invitations and name tags, with the words like, "don't look back," "watch it," and "suspicious character." Decorate with home security signs, fake locks and protective latches.

Time Capsule

• Make it special

Put together a "guest of honor" time capsule. Collect artifacts and photos from their life. You can include a newspaper from the day they were born, classroom photos, a favorite childhood toy or piece of teen clothing, business cards from where they worked and more.

Use Their Favorites

• Build a party around their favorite hobby, sport, television show or occupation. Coordinate the music, food and activities. For example, a football enthusiast would see home field jerseys, bobbleheads and mascots as decorations; gifts are team-logo inspired, and the cake is a playing field with guest's names iced in frosting in the bleachers.

An Unusual Outing

• Have a gourmet picnic in the park. Serve champagne, caviar and pâtés, Caesar salad, prime rib and all the accouterments for a fancy meal but present it on plastic ware. String twinkle lights in the trees. The invitation is a jewel-studded, red checkerboard fabric place mat, rolled up with the directions inside.

Related Searches

References

Resources

Read more: 35th Birthday Party Ideas | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/facts_5366125_th-birthday-party-ideas.html#ixzz2K6LeBOSu
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)