Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Plus side to home school

Posted by   + Show Post

My boy and I are having midnight tacos and cartoons.

by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:12 AM
Replies (11-16):
KrissyKC
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:37 AM

another plus side to homeschooling...

My kids do all the family dishes and laundry, and they STILL have more time to read and do extra curricular activities than most kids in brick and mortar schools.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well good for you :)  We've done stuff like that for our kids before too.  I love homeschooling.

Quoting HerLadyGrey:

We don't do this all the time but they were particularly good today and earned a treat.

Quoting Anonymous:

yeah definite plus

My daughter and I are having 9:00 cartoons but it's because she's sick and I'm too parinoid to go to bed :(

OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:41 AM

haha...I like the whole no sick day thing. My daughter used to hate to miss school or the worst was being sent home, she loathed the nurse calling me.

JasonsMom2007
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:00 AM

My favorite part is being able to go on vacation whenever we want.  We spent our first week of school on a 4 day vacation.

Oh and getting up whenever we want.  My son needs 12 hours of sleep so he sleeps 8-8.

Lots of field trips

Plus I get to spend time with my kids everyday all day :)  It can be tough but they are growing so fast I just want to enjoy them.

kate80
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:03 AM
Is it hard? I have been considering this due to massive changes in our local school system. I want to do some research on it and would like some input from other homeschoolers.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Devious333
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:06 AM
My bro and I would stay up until 1 or 2 am (my mom didn't know most of the time). We'd be up by 10, start school around 11 and be done by 1 or 2. Even doubling our work would only take us like 3 or 4 hours. Home school rocked!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HerLadyGrey
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:09 AM

You need consistency and organization. I don't think it's too hard.

Quoting kate80:

Is it hard? I have been considering this due to massive changes in our local school system. I want to do some research on it and would like some input from other homeschoolers.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)