Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i regret getting my tubes tied

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Is it normal to regret getting your tubes tied?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:26 AM
Replies (91-97):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:07 AM
I have 4 kids, so a family of 6, I'm done not for financial reasons but for complete reasons, but I just feel like I took my choice away when I got the tubal, like what if down the road my husband and I decide we want more kids, kind of thing. I'm only 25, so it is possible, but idk maybe its a normal response. Another factor that played a part in my being done was how fast the pre-ecclampsia came on. Levels were high end of normal on Monday afternoon, and on Tuesday morning I was in acute kidney failure, and being induced on Wednesday morning and was in kidney failure the entire time. I had pre-e with my two oldest and my 9 month old so 3 out of 4 pregnancies, but it was never that bad

Quoting Onlyus4:

The only person who can decide that is you!  Everyone is different, I do know for us, financially played a factor as well.  Having a large family can be costly for everything you do/they do.  The things kids need growing up, clothes, sports, etc.  Food, if you go some where, I know sometimes a family of 4 you can sometimes get deals, then any extra person you pay extra...it adds up!   That's just what I took into consideration!!  I couldn't afford to have many kids!!

Quoting Anonymous:

I am done having babies, my baby is 9 months, I just want the choice to be there, if I wanted it. Idk, how to explain it

Quoting Onlyus4:

I had mine cut, tied, burnt!  I was 21, just had my second child.  Pregnancy was not something I exactly enjoyed!!  I didn't like it, though I know some who do!!  Yes, there have been times when I briefly regret it, say when I'm around a baby, but then it starts crying, needs fed, breast/bottle, diaper changed, etc. (I start thinking about all that) Then I know my boys are now older middle school aged, independent, etc.  you get the idea!!  My DH & I are at a point where we can do things as a couple w/out stressing over the "little ones" getting childcare, etc.  That baby fever comes & it GOES.....I'll wait on my grandbabies, great nieces, nephews.. & just briefly care for other peoples babies!!

AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:07 AM
That's understandable

Quoting aikimomof3:

I appreciate the sentiment, but my husband and I have discussed it before and have decided that's not something we want to do.

Quoting AliKatAK47:

Why not adopt a boy?

Quoting aikimomof3:

I understand. I had to have my tubes tied after I had my last. We had numerous complications with her, and if I ever got pregnant again, it would be even worse.

I would have loved to have more kids, and my husbands wanted more too, specifically to try for a boy... but unfortunately it's not in the cards for us, although I am very grateful and happy for the 3 beautiful girls I have been blessed with.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kaitlin123
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:07 AM
Hubby can get a vasectomy but never in a hundred of years will I get my sh** clipped
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:07 AM
I'm sorry mama, feel better

Quoting Anonymous:

Thanks.  And I'm sorry you feel regret also.  It's the most heart wrenching feeling knowing that I fucked up so bad and now my kid is suffering.  I wish I had not even replied because now I can't stop crying.  I'm not a very emotional person, but this subject really gets me.  If you're young enough to do it, try a reversal.  I would if I could, believe me. I let my husband down, I let our child down.  I will never forgive myself!

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm sorry

Quoting Anonymous:

That's basically the reason.  And I got it done for all the wrong reasons.  I was stupid, plain and simple.  And that pisses me off because I am NOT a stupid person, I made a foolish mistake and now I'm paying for it when I see my only child playing alone every single day.  It breaks my heart.  I can't think about it too much because I get so depressed about it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you regret it because you want more babies? Or is three another reason?

Quoting Anonymous:

Depends on the circumstances. But for me I do regret it very very much!  One time I posted about it and got all kinds of hateful replies.  

MrsShipley21
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:09 AM

That is why I just won't do it. I am 24 and have four babies already, but I have a feeling I am going to want another one? Even though every one tells me no more. My mom said she needs to buy a bus before I have her more grandbabies ^_^ 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:11 AM
I'm clamped not clipped, and I know for a fact I'm done having babies, but I just want my choice back, although I doubt I'll change my mind

Quoting Kaitlin123:

Hubby can get a vasectomy but never in a hundred of years will I get my sh** clipped
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:11 AM
I had mine done at 24 after having my two kids and even though I think about the what if of having another child I know two is best for my Dh and I.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)