Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Bartholin cyst....FML. F%8; it...might as well name it! Update on page 8! Another update pg 8.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Let's just fucking name the bitch since doctors refuse to lance/drain her....so ladies....help me pick a fucking name? Lol. I am on hydro's for pain (it isn't helping...just making me feel stupid) and antibiotics (that she obviously likes because instead of getting smaller...she is fucking growing!). I've had this thing since Jan 17th and have tried every kind of home remedy possible to rid of it. Nothing worked. I've been to the ER and they sent me home with antibio's and pain meds. The only doctor in our town makes appointments by the day only and I have yet to catch them with an open spot. Tomorrow, I will try again, but if I can't get in I am going to stab the fucking thing with a knife and drain it myself!!! I am tired of being in pain and its to the point now where I can hardly walk.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:27 AM
Replies (91-95):
Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:38 PM

Glad you were able to get it taken care of an you feel better. I had a thrombosed hemrhoid during two of my pregnancies. Those things hurt so bad you will cry and be sick. They lanced mine and got the clot out and whew the relief.  Isn't quite the same thing but I can relate.

PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:48 PM

I get them occasionally, always on the left side for some reason.  The biggest it ever got was about grape size.  I deal with it in the shower.  I just press on it from both sides of the labia and just keep pressing until it drains. I hear an audible pop and the fluid and and blood drains.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Look at my update on pg 8 :)

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Have you tried soaking in a HOT bath and then with a heating pad over the area to try and get it to burst?

ACsLady
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:50 PM

For future reference, in case you run into this again, there's something you can do at home to help.

I had a bartholin gland cyst after my first was born. Apparently had it while pregnant, but didn't know because of the general swelling.

My midwife had me make a poultice for it. Open up a small square of gauze so it's only a layer or two thick. Grate a few tablespoons of raw potato into it and sprinkle the contents of 3 capsules of activated charcoal and 3 capsules of slippery elm powder on top of the potato. Roll/fold it up, keeping just a thin layer or two over the side with the powders. Place that side against the cyst and keep in place overnight. Wearing a pad helps to absorb any juice from the potato and drainage from the cyst.

It worked slowly, but helped. The friction from having sex again was what finally got it to go away completely. We waited 4 weeks, but if you weren't recovering from having a baby, you could obviously try that sooner. It was painful and uncomfortable, but worked.

poshkat
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:51 PM
Margot. I named my huge kidney stone marky mark because he had rythem.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:21 PM
Haha...that is almost as funny as Mona....because it makes me moan. Even though the cyst is open and packed with gauze....i feel a million times better. My poor husband has to pull an inch of the packing out a day for me until it is all out.

Quoting poshkat:

Margot. I named my huge kidney stone marky mark because he had rythem.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)