Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Bartholin cyst....FML. F%8; it...might as well name it! Update on page 8! Another update pg 8.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Let's just fucking name the bitch since doctors refuse to lance/drain her....so ladies....help me pick a fucking name? Lol. I am on hydro's for pain (it isn't helping...just making me feel stupid) and antibiotics (that she obviously likes because instead of getting smaller...she is fucking growing!). I've had this thing since Jan 17th and have tried every kind of home remedy possible to rid of it. Nothing worked. I've been to the ER and they sent me home with antibio's and pain meds. The only doctor in our town makes appointments by the day only and I have yet to catch them with an open spot. Tomorrow, I will try again, but if I can't get in I am going to stab the fucking thing with a knife and drain it myself!!! I am tired of being in pain and its to the point now where I can hardly walk.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:27 AM
Replies (21-30):
1lv2stks3nlz4ev
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:41 AM

sorry you are in pain :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:42 AM
Google it....but be forwarned...it's gross.

Quoting diana1481:

I have a ganglion cyst that I drain myself. Idk what a bartholin cyst is.

pampire
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:42 AM

Gertrude.

Have they explained why in the hell they won't drain it?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:45 AM
1 mom liked this

I had a MRSA infection and it wasnt open at the time but I got in a hot shower to get it nice and to a head... then I took a breast pump and put it on the infection and turned it on.  That thing shot puss and blood!  I got over an ounce of puss out.  It hurt so damn bad but getting it out was worth it to me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:46 AM
Lol I once worked in a nursing home and took care of a little old lady with that name. She used to scream "FUCK ME FUCK ME" to any male who came in her room. lol. Totally not kidding. As for why they won't drain it....they said becuase it's infected. But I was reading up on it today and read that once it becomes abcessed(sp?), the infection doesn't usually go away on it's own.

Quoting pampire:

Gertrude.

pampire
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:48 AM

So, gertrude's a good name!

Maybe once you finish the course of anti-biotics they'll drain it.  They'd better!

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol I once worked in a nursing home and took care of a little old lady with that name. She used to scream "FUCK ME FUCK ME" to any male who came in her room. lol. Totally not kidding. As for why they won't drain it....they said becuase it's infected. But I was reading up on it today and read that once it becomes abcessed(sp?), the infection doesn't usually go away on it's own.

Quoting pampire:

Gertrude.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:49 AM
Where was yours at? I have tried for days to get it to "get a head" but it isn't working. The ER told me "It wasn't ready." so what? I gotta just live with this painful ass shit till it decides to "get a head"???

Quoting Anonymous:

I had a MRSA infection and it wasnt open at the time but I got in a hot shower to get it nice and to a head... then I took a breast pump and put it on the infection and turned it on.  That thing shot puss and blood!  I got over an ounce of puss out.  It hurt so damn bad but getting it out was worth it to me.

diana1481
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:51 AM
Oh my.....I hope you get relief soon.

Quoting Anonymous:

Google it....but be forwarned...it's gross.

Quoting diana1481:

I have a ganglion cyst that I drain myself. Idk what a bartholin cyst is.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:52 AM

On my back. DH STARTED to help me but the first pull he started gaggin and dropped the damn thing so blood and puss were running down my back and spilled all over the floor!

Quoting Anonymous:

Where was yours at? I have tried for days to get it to "get a head" but it isn't working. The ER told me "It wasn't ready." so what? I gotta just live with this painful ass shit till it decides to "get a head"???

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:52 AM
Oh hell no! I still have FIVE days of antibiotics to go. I can't wait any longer. I am losing sleep...my appetite and my damn sanity over this shit. If I get in and they wont drain it tomorrow, I am coming home and doing it myself. With a knife. A verrrry sharp pointy knife.

Quoting pampire:

So, gertrude's a good name!

Maybe once you finish the course of anti-biotics they'll drain it.  They'd better!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting pampire:

Gertrude.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)