Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I so wanted to say something!

I don't like when folks say something to me so I kept my mouth shut! There was a kid in walmart yesterday just screaming! I looked over he was drinking a redbull! Come on now he was maybe 2 or 3 why add to the fact that they are hyper enough as it is.

My son is 13 I can not imagine givning him a redbull!

I don't like them myself my heart races and I feel odd. Would you give one to a kid that young or your kids period?

by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:28 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:37 AM

I drink energy drinks sometimes, and once my son got a hold of a rockstar that I probably drank 3/4 of, and when he got it, he downed it before I could take it from him...around that time he was taking 2 naps a day, and waking up 2-3 times a night, sometimes less...he didn't sleep the whole day, and wouldn't go down at bed time, and stayed up 3 hours past his normal bedtime...NEVER again...I keep that shit away from him. If he drinks a monster, he becomes a monster. Why anyone would willing give their kid that, is beyond me...

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:38 AM

no!

1likeme
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:38 AM
No freaking way. I rarely allow my ten year old to drink caffeinated soda. I would not even consider allowing energy drinks.
mom2hadley
by Heather on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:40 AM
Nope! Never!
AA2.0
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:40 AM

I wouldn't give any kid a red bull.

Mrs.Pedro
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:41 AM
I understand. I'm so used to my own kids screaming at home that hearing another kid doesn't really even affect me lol.

Quoting Homeschoolmom99:

That is why I am venting here and did not say anything

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

No but it really depends. I'm not sure if red bull has one, but other energy drinks have big cans with a lid... If it was one of those I'd think maybe they have him something else in the container. Or like another replies said, it could be meant to calm him if he has ADHD. Either way I don't judge.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KrissyKC
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:41 AM

For ADD and ADHD, I've heard of giving them a small cup of coffee in the AM, and then at lunch time giving them a half of a can of MT Dew,... redbull is too concentrated and strong.   It's dangerous for kids and has been known to cause heart problems in kids and teens.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:42 AM
hell no!!!My kids won't even drink pop anyways
They do not like it.
wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:43 AM

Lol I can't keep my mouth shut. I think I actually have diarrhea of the mouth.

Lovemybabyboy09
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:43 AM
Oh hell no!!! I flipped out on my brothers once because they gave ds a mountain dew 20 minutes before bedtime. Yeah....he didn't go to bed until like 2am that night
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured