Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I so wanted to say something!

I don't like when folks say something to me so I kept my mouth shut! There was a kid in walmart yesterday just screaming! I looked over he was drinking a redbull! Come on now he was maybe 2 or 3 why add to the fact that they are hyper enough as it is.

My son is 13 I can not imagine givning him a redbull!

I don't like them myself my heart races and I feel odd. Would you give one to a kid that young or your kids period?

by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:28 AM
Replies (21-25):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:44 AM

My cousin's son has ADHD and she doesn't medicate for it, she uses diet to control it. On occasion he gets bad and his doctor recommended giving him half a Red Bull to calm him down. It works wonders. Caffeine has an opposite reaction in people with ADHD.

AnastasiaKorsh
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:44 AM
At thireen he'd be welcome to drink red bull if he wants. I remember being that age and drinking bawls. Energy drinks never did much for me. However I would not give a toddler a energy drink that has more caffine than coffee or tea.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:44 AM

Nope!! We have teens and DH and I have told them as long as they live under our roof, they are not allowed to drink any of those types of beverages!! PERIOD! We have told them once you are out on your own, making your own money, paying your own way in life, you can do whatever you want! Also, I think seeing a couple of stories on the news about kids who've had those drinks and ended up dying from them, has helped our kids to not want to drink them as well! They are scary full of weird ingredients!! No one should be drinking them IMO.

tennisgal
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:47 AM

no...that would be insane. lol!!

acrogodess
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:48 AM
It made my heart pound in my chest and I was all jittery and sweating. Never again for me a definite no for my kids
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured