Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What the hell is wrong with me?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies

I've noticed lately that when I write or type that words I didn't mean to write come out. I will think a sentence out in my head but when I reread what I wrote there are words that don't belong or in place of words I meant to type. I've also been misspelling a lot of words. I'm not an English major but I know how to spell and write for the most part. I've found it happens often when I talk too. I mix up words or have issue pronouncing words I've never had issues with before. I don't know maybe I'm sleep deprived but it's very frustrating! I feel like a big ole dummy.

Please excuse any typos.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:31 AM

YOU are typing too damn fast.......I do it all the time, lol

southernjess3
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:32 AM
On any meds?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
1lv2stks3nlz4ev
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:37 AM

Sleep deprived is defiantely part of it. I am so exhausted with helping my DF (he has a gout attack in his knee and its extremely painful), my son was sick for almost 2 weeks straight then had his older cousin fall on him this weekend when they were rough housing and I am in the middle of a fibro flare trying to do everything for everyone. I start to type something and sometimes I don't know what the heck I am trying to type with what comes out. Worse is speaking... my mind just goes blank.... words are missing and I can't complete a thought. I need a nap.

xtwistedxlovex
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:39 AM
I've had pretty similar issues for quite some time now. I tend to switch sounds and syllables rather than words (accidentally ordered a "penis butter parfait" at DQ rather than peanUT bUSter, very embarrassing) both in writing and speech, as well as adding e's where they don't beong (usually at the end of a word) and crossing the stem of my h's. Bleh. For me it's a combination of sleep deprivation, stress, chronic pain, and ADD. Any of those can be a constant distraction that causes minor slip-ups.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:46 AM

Nope.

Quoting southernjess3:

On any meds?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:47 AM

Maybe but I've always been a fast typer. Maybe my hands are just too fast for my brain lately. :/

Quoting Sassy762:

YOU are typing too damn fast.......I do it all the time, lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:48 AM
1 mom liked this

There have been a few times when I read what I wrote and it doesn't make an ounce of sense! Yeah probably sleep deprivation. *sigh*

Quoting 1lv2stks3nlz4ev:

Sleep deprived is defiantely part of it. I am so exhausted with helping my DF (he has a gout attack in his knee and its extremely painful), my son was sick for almost 2 weeks straight then had his older cousin fall on him this weekend when they were rough housing and I am in the middle of a fibro flare trying to do everything for everyone. I start to type something and sometimes I don't know what the heck I am trying to type with what comes out. Worse is speaking... my mind just goes blank.... words are missing and I can't complete a thought. I need a nap.

mrssummerlin
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:50 AM
I started having issues like this after my car accident last Aug.

Its gotten a little better, but not much.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SillySally83
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:56 AM

That started happening to me after a mini-stroke. When I wrote by hand or typed, when I spoke or sang... it was super frustrating. It went away as I got better.

I am in no way saying this has happened to you, your post just reminded me of it. lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:58 AM

Yeah I highly doubt it's anything like that but it sucks. I often get confused and can't think clearly. I generally have a great memory and now one brain fart after another. lol Maybe I'm just getting old.

Quoting SillySally83:

That started happening to me after a mini-stroke. When I wrote by hand or typed, when I spoke or sang... it was super frustrating. It went away as I got better.

I am in no way saying this has happened to you, your post just reminded me of it. lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN