Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What the hell is wrong with me?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I've noticed lately that when I write or type that words I didn't mean to write come out. I will think a sentence out in my head but when I reread what I wrote there are words that don't belong or in place of words I meant to type. I've also been misspelling a lot of words. I'm not an English major but I know how to spell and write for the most part. I've found it happens often when I talk too. I mix up words or have issue pronouncing words I've never had issues with before. I don't know maybe I'm sleep deprived but it's very frustrating! I feel like a big ole dummy.

Please excuse any typos.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:30 AM
Replies (11-12):
SillySally83
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:00 AM

Or maybe you just have children... my MIL calls it "Momitis" lol. When you go into a room and stand there and say "what the hell did I come in here for?", go sit down and jump up and say, "Ohhhh yeaaaah, I remember!" lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah I highly doubt it's anything like that but it sucks. I often get confused and can't think clearly. I generally have a great memory and now one brain fart after another. lol Maybe I'm just getting old.

Quoting SillySally83:

That started happening to me after a mini-stroke. When I wrote by hand or typed, when I spoke or sang... it was super frustrating. It went away as I got better.

I am in no way saying this has happened to you, your post just reminded me of it. lol.

camsmami
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:02 AM
I have this issue too. I was talking to my MIL and said "cock " when i meant to say clock.
I stamper and stammer alot now too. Wish i knew why. :-( I noticed it got worse after some emotional things happened in my life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN