Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

They WHAT!??? ETA pink

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 65 Replies

OK.  Here I go.  My cousin and her husband were in a car accident he was killed and she is in critical condition and not expected to make it.  My aunt is wacko (her mom), my uncle is an addict (her dad) his parents are gone.  She has no bothers or sisters and her grandparents are too old to raise another child.  They named me and my DH guardians of her dd.  She is 5 months old and thank God she wasn't in the car with them.  I have a 9,7,5,and one on the way.  All boys this one is a boy as well.  

Half of their life insurance goes in a trust fund for my niece the rest goes to us, to help our family while we raise her dd.  There is more money than I know what to do with.  

I don't want the money, I want my cousin to pull through her dd needs her.  

I pick her up tomorrow.

Well we are all home.  We have been for a while but it took some time to get her settled and well frankly my body gave up to sleep.  We stopped by the hospital, she has brain activity, the doctor had us bring the baby in and when she started to cry my couisn had a change in the activity for the better.  She was not moving when they brought her in but is now moving her fingers.  Her spine and spinal cord will be fine once the swelling goes down.  She is still critical but they have a little more hope for her now.  She has a 60/40 chance of making it.  The longer she lives the better her chances are thanks ladies.

MY cousin is holding her own, her doctor wants me to bring the baby by every day to visit her, she seems to do better when she is here, she is moving her hands and arms, below the waist is still nothing though do to swelling that is not unexpected.  She responds to sound and pain, they won't raise her odds until she opens her eyes.  

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:31 AM
3 moms liked this

Wow with all of that and you are on CM? Wow!

ForeverInLove
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:32 AM
I'm do sorry about your cousin and her husband. I will keep your cousin in my thoughts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommyof2n0308
by Marissa on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:32 AM
I pray she pulls through momma.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:33 AM
1 mom liked this

Thanks for the sarcasm.  Gee I wonder why I can't sleep.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:33 AM

Thanks I am too.  She has a closed head injury.  

Quoting Mommyof2n0308:

I pray she pulls through momma.

lendales_mommi
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:34 AM

Prayers for you and your family HUN,,,,and right now her DD needs you!!!!!!Poor baby:(

armywife009
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:35 AM

Wow, hugs to you. 

Don't worry what anon says. I imagine you probably can't sleep, that's a lot on your plate at once and all of a sudden.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:35 AM

No sarcasm, but criticism, yes. The last place I'd be if my family was in a crisis would be online.

Quoting Anonymous:

Thanks for the sarcasm.  Gee I wonder why I can't sleep.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:36 AM

I will be there for her she will be loved. 

Quoting lendales_mommi:

Prayers for you and your family HUN,,,,and right now her DD needs you!!!!!!Poor baby:(

reindeer-c
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:38 AM

I am so sorry. That is so tragic. I hope she pulls through. Did you agree to care for the child? Can you handle it? It sounds like you have your hands full already. I don't know you, but I will be thinking of you. That is such a difficult situation for your whole family. Please keep us updated if possible. I will be thinking of you all day and I hope you find the strength to deal with picking her up tomorrow and keeping her with you. Hugs!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)