Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

wtf? (LONG.. but i needed to vent!)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies
How do people change so fast?

My son is alomst 2, his father and I have always had our ups and downs throughout our relationship, but always worked things out in the end.

Well about 3 months ago, he moved back to his moms (which is 2 hours away) because he said that we needed time apart and had things to work on. I was a little surprised because I didnt even know he was unhappy in the relationship. Also kind of upset he just up and left instead of staying and talking/working on things in our own home.

(Sorry for grammar and spelling mistakes, typing on mobile.)

So none the less I was questioning things about our relationship. Is he worth it since he just up and left? Do i give up? Whats best for my son?.. For about a month things were okay. He came over a few times and things seemed okay. I just couldnt understand why he needed to live at his moms while working on things. Around Christmas time, he asked me if he could come over in the afternoon to spend time with us and of course I agreed. He stayed a whole 10 minutes! He said he has stuff to do. Really? On Christmas? Come to find out he had been seeing his YOUNGER sisters best friend. She is 18 and he is 23.

I was heartbroken! =( So for about a month.. I dealt with her calling me andtalking smack. If i didnt answer, she would text. Throughout all of this, my sons father, kept saying he loved me, but I needed to change... So I was dumb and thought if I showed him I could change, hed come back. Then one he calls me and asks to come see our son. I agreed. He told me he missed me, he was done with this girl, he was sorry.. but he didnt stay the night because he ended up gettin sick and wanted to go home.. He came by a few times after that. It felt normal again. Except he would never stay the night. I questioned in my head, but didnt want to cause fights.. So one Sunday, I let him take our son for a few days. When he brought him back, he stayed for dinner.. but then of course said he had to leave cause he had stuff to do in the morning. Later that night, I go on facebook and see that some girl tagged him in a post about hanging out for the weekend. I was furious that he was doing this again. This was about 2-3 weeks ago. This other girl has 2 kids of her own, 4 and 2 months!

Of course, I confronted him and he said that he wants to be a happy family with me, but he knows it wont work. How can you want something, but not try for it? I mean, by all means, we didnt have a perfect relationship, but we hadnt tried all our options. We hadnt tried counseling. I wanted to, but he says its to late. So now that he has been with this new girl, he hasnt tried to call to talk to our son, hasnt asked for our son, infact... I havent even spoken one word to him. How can you be in your childs life for 2 years and then just disappear?

Im SOOOOOO mad/heart broken/pissed/upset... But i cant help, but miss him. I know I need to move on. Its whats best for me and my son. But I just cant believe he would do this..
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:33 AM
2 moms liked this

Its past time to move on Darlin. He is a Complete IDIOT and you and your child deserve better.......

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:33 AM
2 moms liked this

Let me guess....this fellow is NOT your husband yet you had a baby with him.

I suggest in your next relationship you do it right---date, make sure you know the guy, get married, THEN have sex and children. Stay married. It works best this way.

matheson7
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:35 AM

He says you need to change, but he is starting a new relationship before he ends things with you. If you were sleeping with him, you have your answer.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:37 AM
2 moms liked this
1940 called they want their nun back!

Quoting Anonymous:

I suggest in your next relationship you do it right---date, make sure you know the guy, get married, THEN have sex and children. Stay married. It works best this way.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:39 AM
I knew him for 6 years, but yes. Your right. But if he was my husband.. would that make the siuation justifiable?!

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Nope, but if you get yourself into a situation like this, I'm not going to feel sorry for you! I was born in the 60's baby and I'm far from a nun--not even Catholic!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

RyansMom6204
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:41 AM
I am so sorry you are going through this. He is not worth your energy. What he did is so wrong. To me he was playing you and having his cake and eating it too. That should never of happen. He should have gave himself time to figure things out. Although obviously by the looks of it he had already made his mind up. If you need or want to talk I am here just message me. Hugs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:42 AM

It would make it less likely that he would run off. He obviously never made a commitment to you. He definitely has no legal commitment to you, other than perhaps child support.

Quoting Anonymous:

I knew him for 6 years, but yes. Your right. But if he was my husband.. would that make the siuation justifiable?!

Quoting Anonymous:

3mommyandwifey
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:43 AM
Haha hilarious

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:44 AM
I doubt a piece of paper is going to make it less likely he would leave me. It would just cost more. =) Not everyone believes in marriage.

Quoting Anonymous:

It would make it less likely that he would run off. He obviously never made a commitment to you. He definitely has no legal commitment to you, other than perhaps child support.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)