Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Could You/Would You "Unplug" On Weekends

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Seven years ago my DH and I decided that weekends would be "unplugged".  No TV, no computer time, no video games, no cell phones.  So far we have maintained that along with being "unplugged" for all our family vacations.

We do make acceptions for homework and we carry cell phones when we travel.  We also don't have a problem with the kids "plugging in" when they go to other peoples houses for sleepovers.  But when kids come to our house on the weekends, no electronics.

It's worked really well for our family but I am curious if other people do it or would try it?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:57 AM
Replies (31-33):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:39 AM
I'd love to, but would my kindle count? I know it's an electronic but all my books are on there, lol.
ArianEponae
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:28 AM
That helps, but only if I'm paying attention. I love alarms

Quoting Anonymous:

My DS is like that too, he has no concept of time.  Our house is full of clocks and post-its!  

Quoting ArianEponae:

We're not a very plugged in family. Our tv can go days without being turned on, same with the computer. The only thing that doesn't get turned off is my phone...and that's never going to happen! My day is run by that thing... No, seriously, I have alarms to remind me to cook, clean, call people...you name it. My mind lacks the ability to distinguish time, so without my phone I'd be lost

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MsRkg
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:31 AM

No. We wouldn't even be able to make it 30 mins. We have a lot going in our lives both separately and together as a couple, that being unplugged could have serious repercussions. Even on vacation, while we do reduce the amount we use our phone and gadgets, we are never unplugged 100%.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)