Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

there will be no more saturday mail effective august 1

Posted by   + Show Post
According to my local ABC affiliate
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:58 AM
Replies (21-30):
Gardeningmom4
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:11 AM
1 mom liked this

That's just stupid of all the things they could cut to save money they want to do that.How about cutting the congress men and womens salary and stop letting them give themselves raises.Let the public vote on it or not.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:13 AM
Wah. Our PO is only open for 3 hrs on saturday and our carrier usually doesnt deliver anyways
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:13 AM
How is cutting the congress' pay gunna help the POST OFFICE?!

Quoting Gardeningmom4:

That's just stupid of all the things they could cut to save money they want to do that.How about cutting the congress men and womens salary and stop letting them give themselves raises.Let the public vote on it or not.

Gardeningmom4
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:18 AM

The reason they are cutting the post office is to save money.Like I said instead of doing that cut their pay instead.Do you have any clue how much money their butts make and that they not the people they work for decide if they get raises or not.Last time I checked it was the bosses job to hand out raises not the employees job.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Gardeningmom4:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:23 AM

It doesn't bother me. We hardly get mail unless it is junk mail. I pay all bills online or in person and get my bills by email now days.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:04 AM

Meh

Doesn't affect our counter service-our PO isn't open on Saturdays. We usually only get junk mail in our box on Saturdays.

Now our delivery carrier-he's the epitomy of a jacka$$ (have a running complaint tab going on him) so he's probably bitchin' up a storm.

I dunno-I looked up average salaries for mail carriers in our area and found this. Our "wonderful" (eyeroll) carrier has been employed by the USPS for over10 years-so I'm guessing he's at the higher end. (Btw-I've have had AWESOME carriers in the past-this guy walks around like he hasn't been laid in years and only has the job to pay his ex wife alimony...he's miserable)

Average Yearly Usps Mail Carrier Salary$38,262 - $57,393
Starting Yearly Usps Mail Carrier Salary$31,510 - $47,265
Top Yearly Usps Mail Carrier Salary$45,014 - $67,522

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:05 AM
Ok but what you are saying is like saying "lets close a bar to save the state money"

Cutting pay in congress isnt going to save the post office unless the congress people give the money to the PO.

The PO has been slowly fading for years. Im not surprised.

They also raised postage this week....

Quoting Gardeningmom4:

The reason they are cutting the post office is to save money.Like I said instead of doing that cut their pay instead.Do you have any clue how much money their butts make and that they not the people they work for decide if they get raises or not.Last time I checked it was the bosses job to hand out raises not the employees job.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Gardeningmom4:

Gardeningmom4
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:10 AM

They are only closing it to save money.Money they want to use for something else .So instead of taking money from the post take money from their pay checks and put it toward what ever they are trying to put the money toward.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ok but what you are saying is like saying "lets close a bar to save the state money"

Cutting pay in congress isnt going to save the post office unless the congress people give the money to the PO.

Quoting Gardeningmom4:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Gardeningmom4:

Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:16 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Gardeningmom4:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Gardeningmom4:

Salaries of elected leaders are set by congress, etc.  Who are elected by you.

The post office has been dying for years.  With everything being done electronically these days (e file of taxes anyone), it only makes sense.  People will lose their jobs, but being as big as the post office is in most cases (ot small rural ones), it will simply be older workers will be encouraged to retire, and replacements will not be hired.

We send e-cards instead of greeting cards (hit the greeting card industry too). Writing letters - when's the last time you wrote a letter to someone?  We pay bills online, and GET those bills online.  We have checks automatically deposited.  We have money automatically deducted for things like mortgages, insurance and so on.

In the scheme of things, this is a very "small" thing that can save a great deal of money.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)