Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Rude comments anyone?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 175 Replies
Dh and I adopted a sibling set almost 2 years ago. They are African American and we are white. To us it does not matter. We get some of the most rude comments.

We were at the store the other day, and a lady came up to my dh and told him "your gf must feel so blessed.. " dh asked "why?" She said " bc you took her and her different race children in, you saved them."dh very confussed said "thats my wife, weve been married for almoost 8 years and we adopted these children. My wife and I are blessed with our two children."

Honstly I could careless when I see a family thats multi race, as long as everyones healthy and happy who cares?

Anyone else have rude comments people have made to them?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:34 AM
Bump!
connietrrll
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:46 AM

My kids are all older now. But, when my oldest son was a baby I used to get people telling me that boy is way to old to be carried. He was a very tall baby. He was never more then a year old and I swear more then once a week some one would come up to and say you really should let him walk!

My daughter and youngest were different stories. They were very petite. But, they were very beautiful children. I cannot tell you how many people came up to me and said that child (usually my daughter) is beautiful. Is she/he yours? When I said yes, they would either ask if she/he was adopted, looked like their dad, or was I sure they were really mine? I was like what they hell are people trying to tell me?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:48 AM
2 moms liked this

Where do you live? Lunaticville?

LoveMyLos
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:48 AM
3 moms liked this

pfft. people are so stupid.

my neighbor adopted a black baby when she 5 days old. this was 15 years ago. she got alot flack. still does. we loved going to walmart together bc people would stare and make comments and i would run my mouth........good times....lol

connietrrll
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:51 AM

But your comments from other people are coming from pure ignorance! I would only explain when it is an elderly person. Sometimes the elderly are really more likely to be interested, and compassionate. Their wording may be wrong but, their heart is good!

SterlingHeart
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:51 AM

what you have to be in a tabloid to advertise your multi racial family to be okay in the world?  WTF is wrong with people --- I am sorry you have to deal with such stupidity

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:52 AM
1 mom liked this

A woman once told my husband he is a good grandpa to his grandchild. O.o we were out as a family and it was our son. To make things worse I'm older then he is haha

Photo: -Randi.Photo

Plus-size-mommy
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:54 AM

Someone came up to me one day, commented on how pretty my son was and then asked what race he was. My mouth dropped!

Bluescorpia
by Shanoon on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:56 AM
When I went back to work after 2 weeks off due to the death of my brother, a co worker came up to me & said now I have a valid excuse for longer breaks. Then another time when I had a miscarriage, I went back to work after 2 weeks, a co-worker said you must have lost the baby because your boyfriend's son is messed up. His son is in a wheelchair due to contracting polio when he was 1 1/2. Some people just don't know how to keep their damn mouth shut.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:18 PM
My cousin was a very tall baby too, people would make the same comments to my Aunt. Thats awful people questioned your dd looks like that.

Quoting connietrrll:

My kids are all older now. But, when my oldest son was a baby I used to get people telling me that boy is way to old to be carried. He was a very tall baby. He was never more then a year old and I swear more then once a week some one would come up to and say you really should let him walk!

My daughter and youngest were different stories. They were very petite. But, they were very beautiful children. I cannot tell you how many people came up to me and said that child (usually my daughter) is beautiful. Is she/he yours? When I said yes, they would either ask if she/he was adopted, looked like their dad, or was I sure they were really mine? I was like what they hell are people trying to tell me?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN