Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Where's my refund???

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

When I went to the IRS website Monday it said that my refund was scheduled to be direct deposited on the 6th (so today) and that if it is not there by the 11th to call my bank institute and if they have not received it then to call the IRS.  Well, I checked it yesterday morning and it said the same thing, then last night when I checked it, it kept saying that I was entering my information wrong and to enter again...  I was NOT entering it wrong, so what the hell does that mean.  There is a website with a bunch of people complaining this was also happening to them and that the IRS website website was "down".  So, my question is, do you think that I can go by what it said the two times I checked it? 

It is not being direct deposited into my bank account, it is going to the tax place where I filed, and they will print me out a check, that is why I cannot just call my bank.  The tax place isn't open yet.  Is this happening to anyone else here????

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:29 AM
Replies (21-30):
MissMysteriouss
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:35 PM
Not my fault so many freak out at tax season, because most need their EIC so bad they are anxious.

This is like the 4568032146 post about when will I get my taxes, oh my God the website isn't working, what do I do. SMH

Seriously. If waiting a few hours to call about seeing if your tax return is in causes you anxiety. You obviously have serious financial issues.

Quoting boo1985:

Why are you being a bitch? You could have easily not replied to the post.

OP. mine has been processing for 7 days. I too, am becoming anxious.

Quoting MissMysteriouss:

No, but you overreacted about something you could of just of waited until 11 to call about. Or easier yet. Had it directly deposited into your banking account like most people.

Sad thing is, you will probably have it all spent within a week. Then in 10 months cry broke at Christmas time.

Quoting Anonymous:

Of course it would silly.... they don't open until 11:00am.  So in 15 more minutes now.  But I was anxious, and on here, so I figured I would ask and see if anyone else was experiancing problems with the IRS's website.   Any way, there was another post on here about it and they posted the IRS Phone number, I called and it is still saying direct deposite on Feb. 6th.  So, I should be fine.  I was just anxiously curious.  I am not stupid.

Quoting MissMysteriouss:

I have no idea, I had mine direct deposited into my bank. I got my federal yesterday and state today.

Why not call the place you filed with to see if your check is in? Wouldn't that be easier then asking us?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
boo1985
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:41 PM
Not financial issues. Anxiety issues. I didn't even qualify for EIC this year. I do however have anxiety about the unknown. Anything that isn't planned out, precisely, causes me to stress out. Not that it's your business.

Quoting MissMysteriouss:

Not my fault so many freak out at tax season, because most need their EIC so bad they are anxious.

This is like the 4568032146 post about when will I get my taxes, oh my God the website isn't working, what do I do. SMH

Seriously. If waiting a few hours to call about seeing if your tax return is in causes you anxiety. You obviously have serious financial issues.

Quoting boo1985:

Quoting MissMysteriouss:

No, but you overreacted about something you could of just of waited until 11 to call about. Or easier yet. Had it directly deposited into your banking account like most people.

Sad thing is, you will probably have it all spent within a week. Then in 10 months cry broke at Christmas time.

Quoting Anonymous:

Of course it would silly.... they don't open until 11:00am.  So in 15 more minutes now.  But I was anxious, and on here, so I figured I would ask and see if anyone else was experiancing problems with the IRS's website.   Any way, there was another post on here about it and they posted the IRS Phone number, I called and it is still saying direct deposite on Feb. 6th.  So, I should be fine.  I was just anxiously curious.  I am not stupid.

Quoting MissMysteriouss:

I have no idea, I had mine direct deposited into my bank. I got my federal yesterday and state today.

Why not call the place you filed with to see if your check is in? Wouldn't that be easier then asking us?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
boo1985
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:42 PM
Well, that's mature.

Quoting Anonymous:

Nope, not gonna do it. rofl

Do it just to piss people like you off.

Quoting boo1985:

Honestly just skip the tax posts  if you don't like them. When you come in just to whine about it, you sound like a 3 year old. Just being honest.

Quoting Anonymous:

Miss is being honest.

Quit whinning.

Quoting boo1985:

Quoting MissMysteriouss:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MissMysteriouss:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow, why are you being so mean?  I don't live off of PA, I work, 45 hours a week.  I take nothing from you, I pay my taxes.  I pay for me and my kids Health insurance.......  my life in no way effects you, so why the hate toward my question?  I did not overreact, I asked a question I anxious to know the answer to, and I stated that.  Yeah, my money will be gone to pay all my bills in full.  I am sorry that my life somehow pisses you off, you didn't have to come in or reply.  I even answered you nicely, it didn't warrant your reply.  Not everyone can have money saved in a bank account.  I live paycheck to paycheck.  I get paid Friday's and by the time I leave work, I am broke.  I struggle every day.  Once a year I am able to relax and breath a sigh of relief.  I could change my pay and get more each week, or I can loan it to the government and get it back in February.  I choose to receive an income tax check because I need that period of relief, it is my personal choice.  Would it have been any different if I said that I was getting my payroll check direct deposited and was wondering if the date they say it will be direct deposited it would be available to me? 

The reason I had them have the money sent to them and not direct to my bank account is because it saved me another 100 dollars off of getting my taxes done.  And the reason that I do them at a tax prep place is because they offered a 300$ loan for free that I was approved for, and I needed the money.  I had to pay my daycare bill.  I don't do drugs or drink alcohol, I don't EVER go out, I don't buy clothes I get clothes from friends and family when I can.  I don't wear makeup or do my nails or dye my hair, so I spend no additional money there....  I work hard and take care of my children.  I make over 500 a week but bring back only a little more than 300.  I pay my rent weekly so I don't fall behind, that is 150$ a week, and I pay $77 a week for daycare.  ( I guess I do get some help from the government, but it is not PA... it is subsidized child care but with out that I couldn't work, child care is 197$ a week for my 4 year old and it is NOT a special day care center, trashy actually) then 22$ for transportation to and from work leaves me with about 100$ a week, and I still have my gas, electric, phone bills and food.  Oh, and necessities.  YES, I fall behind.  But I do it all by myself, I don't beg, borrow or steal.  I am late and behind on my bills which often costs me late fees... which hurts me more....  So, before you judge... get to know me.  I am a really good person who missed her opportunity to go to college because I was on my own and working... I now have a pretty good job, but don't bring home much money because of health insurance.  So, yes, I am anxious for my refund... it is my money anyway.  I am always broke, what is it to you???  That is my burden to live with.  You really didn't need to be so nasty.  Not very nice of you.

Quoting MissMysteriouss:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MissMysteriouss:

EvryDayIsMyBday
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:46 PM
I dont know, I just called and checked mine and it said there is no info available . The same thing happened last year but we got it back in a week .
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
M.I.A...P.O.W
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:49 PM

Some people had a bad year last year and that is why it might all be spent quick. I got a very small refund check this year. 1200 goes to lawyer, 2000 goes into savings to help buy a home this year and the remained (800 bucks) went towards catching up on bills.

But I love how so many people assume that those that file early just blow the money on crap. My stbx did that every year but I had no say in it because he controlled the money not me.

Quoting MissMysteriouss:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MissMysteriouss:

Thank you TheGreatCthulhu for the siggy!!!!

http://homedonesouthernnails.blogspot.com/

butcher
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:50 PM
everyone ik got theirs...i still havent. im getn mad.
Dinimon
by NoCookiesForYou on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:51 PM
It told us the site was down too. We haven't checked in a few days though.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:54 PM

Its confession you really think half these women are mature?

Quoting boo1985:

Well, that's mature.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting boo1985:

Honestly just skip the tax posts  if you don't like them. When you come in just to whine about it, you sound like a 3 year old. Just being honest.

Quoting Anonymous:

Miss is being honest.

Quit whinning.

Quoting boo1985:

Quoting MissMysteriouss:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MissMysteriouss:

boo1985
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:57 PM
Guess not.

Quoting Anonymous:

Its confession you really think half these women are mature?

Quoting boo1985:

Well, that's mature.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting boo1985:

Quoting Anonymous:

Miss is being honest.

Quit whinning.

Quoting boo1985:

Quoting MissMysteriouss:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MissMysteriouss:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN