Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Where's my refund???

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

When I went to the IRS website Monday it said that my refund was scheduled to be direct deposited on the 6th (so today) and that if it is not there by the 11th to call my bank institute and if they have not received it then to call the IRS.  Well, I checked it yesterday morning and it said the same thing, then last night when I checked it, it kept saying that I was entering my information wrong and to enter again...  I was NOT entering it wrong, so what the hell does that mean.  There is a website with a bunch of people complaining this was also happening to them and that the IRS website website was "down".  So, my question is, do you think that I can go by what it said the two times I checked it? 

It is not being direct deposited into my bank account, it is going to the tax place where I filed, and they will print me out a check, that is why I cannot just call my bank.  The tax place isn't open yet.  Is this happening to anyone else here????

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:29 AM
Replies (31-40):
butterflymomss
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:02 PM
That's what I had to do. Ours was accepted this morning so hopefully soon!!

Quoting LoveMyLos:

idk. i had to call the place this morning bc the website hasn't said anything except they can't find my info. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LoveMyLos
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:07 PM

she called back, but has to call me back again, bc she had to have her manager look into it....not sure if thats a good or bad thing......then call me back again. 

Quoting butterflymomss:

Quoting LoveMyLos:

idk. i had to call the place this morning bc the website hasn't said anything except they can't find my info. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:10 PM

Good gosh.  What happens if you don't get it for another month? 

You really need to stop depending on the government and start being a bit more self sufficient.  

opal10161973
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry, I know how frustrating that can be.  We have to wait until mid month before the IRS will even accept our efiling.  It sucks, but we are not desperate, so...

butterflymomss
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:14 PM
Ugh! Sorry, I hate when crap like this happens. Hopefully they will get it figured out soon :)

Quoting LoveMyLos:

she called back, but has to call me back again, bc she had to have her manager look into it....not sure if thats a good or bad thing......then call me back again. 

Quoting butterflymomss:

Quoting LoveMyLos:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:14 PM

Prior to the 30th, and they submitted it on the 30th. 

Quoting Anonymous:

When did u file?

Quoting Anonymous:

When I went to the IRS website Monday it said that my refund was scheduled to be direct deposited on the 6th (so today) and that if it is not there by the 11th to call my bank institute and if they have not received it then to call the IRS.  Well, I checked it yesterday morning and it said the same thing, then last night when I checked it, it kept saying that I was entering my information wrong and to enter again...  I was NOT entering it wrong, so what the hell does that mean.  There is a website with a bunch of people complaining this was also happening to them and that the IRS website website was "down".  So, my question is, do you think that I can go by what it said the two times I checked it? 

It is not being direct deposited into my bank account, it is going to the tax place where I filed, and they will print me out a check, that is why I cannot just call my bank.  The tax place isn't open yet.  Is this happening to anyone else here????

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:16 PM
What day did you file?

Quoting Anonymous:

I just called 1-800-829-1040 and it says that it is being direct deposited on Feb. 6th !   So, hopefully today is the day !  I hope so.  Thank you for your helpful insight !  It apparently is the "Website" that is down and everything is going according to plan. 

Quoting mrsfitz05:

Ok. My first concern was that this tax place might be giving you a problem. I'm glad it's a familiar company.

My guess is, since it told you that your refund was on the way, it's been processed and the problem is a website issue. With everyone in desperate need (and honestly, most people who file this early ARE in need of the money - that's not a criticism, just a fact) having been delayed because of the changes, the website is probably on overload and their IT people can't keep up with the problems...and let's face it - it IS the government! :-)

Good luck! I hope you get it as expected.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, I have.  For the past 4 years actually.  As soon as they get it direct deposited it will show up on thier computers and they print the check out right there.  But they don't open until 11:00 am, so I have to wait.  Anxiety is killing me.  I hate not knowing.  It is not the individuals at the IRS... it said it was done and would be deposited today, the website is having issues.  It is saying that I am entering my information wrong, but I am not entering it wrong.  So I am not able to see my refunds status now.  I am wondering if this will have any effect on the original status they gave me, or if all is well and it is still going to be direct deposited today.  I hate that I have to depend on this money like that, but I do. 

Quoting mrsfitz05:

Well, in their defense, the IRS people who actually DO the work must be so overwhelmed. They lost weeks and weeks of prep time to make things go smoothly because idiot politicians couldn't come to an agreement.

At any rate, assuming you used a reputable tax place (H&R Block, Jackson Hewitt or similar), you should be able to contact them and see what they know. I worked at H&R Block briefly and I"m trying to remember if we took the returns and then cut checks or if it went straight to the customer. That sounds kind of strange to me. Have you used this place before this year?

Iron_Beauty
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:16 PM

When I went to look earlier the website is a little fucked up. The date of estimated arrival was no longer shown, and the colored bar with the 'processing, accepted, delivered' thing was not there anymore.

IDK what is up with that site this year but I hope they get it fixed soon!

LoveMyLos
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:16 PM

good gosh! who said she wasn't? this responce is so old, its now just plain stupid.

Quoting Anonymous:

Good gosh.  What happens if you don't get it for another month? 

You really need to stop depending on the government and start being a bit more self sufficient.  

gilbertgrl627
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:18 PM

It happened to me this morning when I tried to check. Kept saying that I had to wait for the email from the IRS or something before I could check. lol. I kept thinking, Dude, I already got that email....almost a week ago. My DH sent me an email with a picture (from the mobile app, I guess) and it says it should be direct deposited on the 8th, and to contact our bank if it wasn't by the 13th.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN