Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where's my refund???

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

When I went to the IRS website Monday it said that my refund was scheduled to be direct deposited on the 6th (so today) and that if it is not there by the 11th to call my bank institute and if they have not received it then to call the IRS.  Well, I checked it yesterday morning and it said the same thing, then last night when I checked it, it kept saying that I was entering my information wrong and to enter again...  I was NOT entering it wrong, so what the hell does that mean.  There is a website with a bunch of people complaining this was also happening to them and that the IRS website website was "down".  So, my question is, do you think that I can go by what it said the two times I checked it? 

It is not being direct deposited into my bank account, it is going to the tax place where I filed, and they will print me out a check, that is why I cannot just call my bank.  The tax place isn't open yet.  Is this happening to anyone else here????

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:29 AM
Replies (41-50):
LoveMyLos
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:18 PM

i just want it so we can put in oiur two months notice. our house we're renting is a shit hole. its sinking in the ground, and its just hard to get everyone situated where everyone is happy.

Quoting butterflymomss:

Ugh! Sorry, I hate when crap like this happens. Hopefully they will get it figured out soon :)

Quoting LoveMyLos:

she called back, but has to call me back again, bc she had to have her manager look into it....not sure if thats a good or bad thing......then call me back again. 

Quoting butterflymomss:

That's what I had to do. Ours was accepted this morning so hopefully soon!!

Quoting LoveMyLos:

idk. i had to call the place this morning bc the website hasn't said anything except they can't find my info. 

gilbertgrl627
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:21 PM

Oh brother. Like a PP said, who said she (the OP) is "depending on the government"? No one except you. Just because someone is curious what's going on with their refund, it doesn't mean they're not "self-sufficient". It simply means they're curious as to what's going on.

Quoting Anonymous:

Good gosh.  What happens if you don't get it for another month? 

You really need to stop depending on the government and start being a bit more self sufficient.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:21 PM

Please tell me how I am depending on the government?  It is my money, money that my government depended on me to let them use through out the year. It is my time to collect it back.  I am as self sufficient as I can get. 

Quoting Anonymous:

You really need to stop depending on the government and start being a bit more self sufficient.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:21 PM

If you don't like the responses, then how about not being a member of a discussion board?  If anyone sounds stupid it's you people who have "anxiety" over your friggen tax refunds. 

Quoting LoveMyLos:

good gosh! who said she wasn't? this responce is so old, its now just plain stupid.

Quoting Anonymous:

LoveMyLos
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:23 PM

dumbass.....and im not anxious at all. ASSuming shes relying taxes is stupid.....good job!

Quoting Anonymous:

If you don't like the responses, then how about not being a member of a discussion board?  If anyone sounds stupid it's you people who have "anxiety" over your friggen tax refunds. 

Quoting LoveMyLos:

good gosh! who said she wasn't? this responce is so old, its now just plain stupid.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:23 PM

**response** 

And here you are calling someone else stupid?  LMAO

Quoting LoveMyLos:

Quoting Anonymous:

LoveMyLos
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:25 PM

point out where i said SHE was stupid. i said the reply was stupid. and omg!!! alert the media.....i spelled it wrong!! build a bridge and get over it.

Quoting Anonymous:

**response** 

Quoting LoveMyLos:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:25 PM

I saw that too.  Classic stupidity, lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

**response** 

Quoting LoveMyLos:

Quoting Anonymous:

eykelley
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:26 PM
Wow. I think Thumper needs to visit a few people and tell them what his daddy taught him. Cuz, holy crap! Women are evil!

OP- I get it. It's ur money, & probably a nice amount too. I would just try and relax until they are open and then go from there. We don't get a refund anymore, but when we did I used to need it right away as well. It went towards bills and my kids. I understand. Some women on here have the perfect life where money isn't a worry. They can buy the pretty things, and have some left over. They don't realize that some of us actually do sacrifice so our kids can be happy. Don't worry, it'll come soon. Jut try and relax. I hope u get some answers soon.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you.   I am depending on my refund though.....  it is my money.  I am allowed to be anxious for it.  I don't know why so many on here are so damn mean, right?   If they don't have the answer to my question, then move on.  Otherwise and answer is appreciated.  I am totally self sufficient, problem is, I don't make enough to get me by, so I depend on my refund to catch me up.  Hell, the government uses my money all year, they depend on me then, so yeah... I depend on them to get it back to me : )

If I didn't have to pay taxes I would get by fine, and if I didn't have to pay for our health insurance I would be sitting with money in a savings account.  It sucks being self sufficient when you are poor working class.  But hey, someone has to be in that class so here I am....

Quoting gilbertgrl627:

Oh brother. Like a PP said, who said she (the OP) is "depending on the government"? No one except you. Just because someone is curious what's going on with their refund, it doesn't mean they're not "self-sufficient". It simply means they're curious as to what's going on.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured