Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Where's my refund???

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

When I went to the IRS website Monday it said that my refund was scheduled to be direct deposited on the 6th (so today) and that if it is not there by the 11th to call my bank institute and if they have not received it then to call the IRS.  Well, I checked it yesterday morning and it said the same thing, then last night when I checked it, it kept saying that I was entering my information wrong and to enter again...  I was NOT entering it wrong, so what the hell does that mean.  There is a website with a bunch of people complaining this was also happening to them and that the IRS website website was "down".  So, my question is, do you think that I can go by what it said the two times I checked it? 

It is not being direct deposited into my bank account, it is going to the tax place where I filed, and they will print me out a check, that is why I cannot just call my bank.  The tax place isn't open yet.  Is this happening to anyone else here????

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:29 AM
Replies (51-59):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:27 PM

Your reply here is pretty hypocritical.  Think about it..................

Quoting Anonymous:

If you don't like the responses, then how about not being a member of a discussion board?  If anyone sounds stupid it's you people who have "anxiety" over your friggen tax refunds. 

Quoting LoveMyLos:

good gosh! who said she wasn't? this responce is so old, its now just plain stupid.

Quoting Anonymous:

Good gosh.  What happens if you don't get it for another month? 

You really need to stop depending on the government and start being a bit more self sufficient.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:38 PM

Thank you.  The good ol" USA needs someone to fill up the poor working class.  Somehow I made that class.  I wish I could be upper class, or even upper middle class would make me happy.  Hopefully someday I will get there, and they better watch, because just like I can move up, they can drop down.. happens to people.  One day they are rich, and then they find themselves in a shit ton of financial trouble.  No one is better than the other, I struggle more than they do, but they can end up in my shoes.  Karma is a bitch and it works both ways.  I remain nice, so Karma can bring me joy... but those who are so judgemental better keep an eye on their asses, cause Karma can pay them a visit at any time. 

Anyway, In a couple of weeks I will be just fine, it is sometimes hard to be patient.  But as soon as I get my refund I will be feeling free of all of my financial stress.  All I did was ask a simple question, I am suprised at the crazy, judgemental responses I got.  Thank God I went anon.  I usually don't ever do that.  Guess I would be hated for being poor.  That is sad, because I really am a great person, just don't make much money.  That doesn't define who I am.  I am not on welfare and do not take advantage of anyone.  I do not live beyond my means.  Anyway, thanks again.

Quoting eykelley:

Wow. I think Thumper needs to visit a few people and tell them what his daddy taught him. Cuz, holy crap! Women are evil!

OP- I get it. It's ur money, & probably a nice amount too. I would just try and relax until they are open and then go from there. We don't get a refund anymore, but when we did I used to need it right away as well. It went towards bills and my kids. I understand. Some women on here have the perfect life where money isn't a worry. They can buy the pretty things, and have some left over. They don't realize that some of us actually do sacrifice so our kids can be happy. Don't worry, it'll come soon. Jut try and relax. I hope u get some answers soon.

eykelley
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:41 PM
Ur welcome. Dh & I have been there. It's tough. I roughly bring in about $1100 a pay check, but with $300 in insurances and taxes (state, federal, Medicaid, etc) I only bring in $600 to $700 and we feel it. It's not fun. But u do what you can. :)

Good for u for being a good mom. :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Thank you.  The good ol" USA needs someone to fill up the poor working class.  Somehow I made that class.  I wish I could be upper class, or even upper middle class would make me happy.  Hopefully someday I will get there, and they better watch, because just like I can move up, they can drop down.. happens to people.  One day they are rich, and then they find themselves in a shit ton of financial trouble.  No one is better than the other, I struggle more than they do, but they can end up in my shoes.  Karma is a bitch and it works both ways.  I remain nice, so Karma can bring me joy... but those who are so judgemental better keep an eye on their asses, cause Karma can pay them a visit at any time. 

Anyway, In a couple of weeks I will be just fine, it is sometimes hard to be patient.  But as soon as I get my refund I will be feeling free of all of my financial stress.  All I did was ask a simple question, I am suprised at the crazy, judgemental responses I got.  Thank God I went anon.  I usually don't ever do that.  Guess I would be hated for being poor.  That is sad, because I really am a great person, just don't make much money.  That doesn't define who I am.  I am not on welfare and do not take advantage of anyone.  I do not live beyond my means.  Anyway, thanks again.

Quoting eykelley:

Wow. I think Thumper needs to visit a few people and tell them what his daddy taught him. Cuz, holy crap! Women are evil!

OP- I get it. It's ur money, & probably a nice amount too. I would just try and relax until they are open and then go from there. We don't get a refund anymore, but when we did I used to need it right away as well. It went towards bills and my kids. I understand. Some women on here have the perfect life where money isn't a worry. They can buy the pretty things, and have some left over. They don't realize that some of us actually do sacrifice so our kids can be happy. Don't worry, it'll come soon. Jut try and relax. I hope u get some answers soon.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:49 PM

Thanks Boo for having my back : )

Some are better than others.   I guess that because I don't make much money I am not good enough.  Someday I strive to be better off...  but just as I can become more financially secure, they can become financially f*cked.  So, no one should judge.  I simply asked a question, they didn't have to reply.  And to say they are replying too piss off others, well they better watch out for Karma.  I would hate to see how she would make out in my shoes.  I struggle, but struggle well.  If you can understand what I mean.  I am used to it.  Unfortunately, I do not get big raises each year, and my medical goes up each year which basically leaves me with the same income or maybe even slightly less.  Then add to it the fact that EVERYTHING has gone up in cost and it makes it very hard to me.  I don't see anything wrong with me being anxious about getting my refund.  I put into it every week for a whole year, knowing I would get it back.  So, yeah, I depend on it. 

Thank you again.  Thank God I posted anon, I almost didn't, but I would have lost friends.  Apparently people hate the working poor people: (

Quoting boo1985:

Well, that's mature.

Quoting Anonymous:

Nope, not gonna do it. rofl

Do it just to piss people like you off.

Quoting boo1985:

Honestly just skip the tax posts  if you don't like them. When you come in just to whine about it, you sound like a 3 year old. Just being honest.

Quoting Anonymous:

Miss is being honest.

Quit whinning.

Quoting boo1985:

Why are you being a bitch? You could have easily not replied to the post.

OP. mine has been processing for 7 days. I too, am becoming anxious.

Quoting MissMysteriouss:

No, but you overreacted about something you could of just of waited until 11 to call about. Or easier yet. Had it directly deposited into your banking account like most people.

Sad thing is, you will probably have it all spent within a week. Then in 10 months cry broke at Christmas time.

Quoting Anonymous:

Of course it would silly.... they don't open until 11:00am.  So in 15 more minutes now.  But I was anxious, and on here, so I figured I would ask and see if anyone else was experiancing problems with the IRS's website.   Any way, there was another post on here about it and they posted the IRS Phone number, I called and it is still saying direct deposite on Feb. 6th.  So, I should be fine.  I was just anxiously curious.  I am not stupid.

Quoting MissMysteriouss:

I have no idea, I had mine direct deposited into my bank. I got my federal yesterday and state today.

Why not call the place you filed with to see if your check is in? Wouldn't that be easier then asking us?

calvinsmommy18
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:55 PM

i guess i'd wait til the tax place opens up, thats all you can do it know for sure that its there. Mine is scheduled to be deposited to my bank account tomorrow, hoping that it will be. The IRS website has been having issues everyday, sometimes it works for me, sometimes it doesn't

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:58 PM

I do my best to get by.  I rent a house, but it is a one floor rancher, row home.  It is the size of a small two bedroom apartment.  So I don't live large by any means.  I do not spend any money unless necessary.  I know that I don't make a lot, so I don't spend a lot.  I don't get any help from my government, except for Subsidized child care but I believe that is through the state.  Without that I would not be able to work at all, my sons daycare (and it isn't a nice one) costs $197 a week for him, I pay them $77.  I only bring home a little over $300 a week after taxes and medical for me and my kids.  I could not work and pay full amount for child care, so I do take advantage of the subsidy.  Guess because I struggle I am horrible, stupid, and whatever else they are saying.  It is pretty shocking to see how people that interact with me on a normal level all of the sudden are judging me.... Thank God for that Anon button. 

Quoting eykelley:

Ur welcome. Dh & I have been there. It's tough. I roughly bring in about $1100 a pay check, but with $300 in insurances and taxes (state, federal, Medicaid, etc) I only bring in $600 to $700 and we feel it. It's not fun. But u do what you can. :)

Good for u for being a good mom. :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting eykelley:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:03 PM

Thanks!  I found in a different post the toll free phone number for the IRS... I couldn't find it online.  The IRS is not putting it up on their website, at least not that I could see.  So I came here to ask.  Anyway, the other post gave out the number and said there were problems with the website.  I called and it is still saying  being direct deposited on Feb. 6th and that if I do not receive it at my bank by the 11th to call them. 

I called the place that prepared my taxes and he said it is not there yet, but they post the money three times through out the day, morning, afternoon and night.  So, I am still hoping : )

Good Luck with yours!

Quoting calvinsmommy18:

i guess i'd wait til the tax place opens up, thats all you can do it know for sure that its there. Mine is scheduled to be deposited to my bank account tomorrow, hoping that it will be. The IRS website has been having issues everyday, sometimes it works for me, sometimes it doesn't

calvinsmommy18
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:14 PM
Called my bank and they're showing my money will be available tomorrow. So the IRS website was right on that.

Quoting Anonymous:

Thanks!  I found in a different post the toll free phone number for the IRS... I couldn't find it online.  The IRS is not putting it up on their website, at least not that I could see.  So I came here to ask.  Anyway, the other post gave out the number and said there were problems with the website.  I called and it is still saying  being direct deposited on Feb. 6th and that if I do not receive it at my bank by the 11th to call them. 

I called the place that prepared my taxes and he said it is not there yet, but they post the money three times through out the day, morning, afternoon and night.  So, I am still hoping : )

Good Luck with yours!

Quoting calvinsmommy18:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
boo1985
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:40 PM
No problem sweetie. Keep your head up. It will get easier, as long as you keep working hard. Don't let these nasty women get you down. I hope your refund comes soon. Mine too! Lol!

Quoting Anonymous:

Thanks Boo for having my back : )

Some are better than others.   I guess that because I don't make much money I am not good enough.  Someday I strive to be better off...  but just as I can become more financially secure, they can become financially f*cked.  So, no one should judge.  I simply asked a question, they didn't have to reply.  And to say they are replying too piss off others, well they better watch out for Karma.  I would hate to see how she would make out in my shoes.  I struggle, but struggle well.  If you can understand what I mean.  I am used to it.  Unfortunately, I do not get big raises each year, and my medical goes up each year which basically leaves me with the same income or maybe even slightly less.  Then add to it the fact that EVERYTHING has gone up in cost and it makes it very hard to me.  I don't see anything wrong with me being anxious about getting my refund.  I put into it every week for a whole year, knowing I would get it back.  So, yeah, I depend on it. 

Thank you again.  Thank God I posted anon, I almost didn't, but I would have lost friends.  Apparently people hate the working poor people: (

Quoting boo1985:

Well, that's mature.

Quoting Anonymous:

Nope, not gonna do it. rofl

Do it just to piss people like you off.

Quoting boo1985:

Honestly just skip the tax posts  if you don't like them. When you come in just to whine about it, you sound like a 3 year old. Just being honest.

Quoting Anonymous:

Miss is being honest.

Quit whinning.

Quoting boo1985:

Why are you being a bitch? You could have easily not replied to the post.

OP. mine has been processing for 7 days. I too, am becoming anxious.

Quoting MissMysteriouss:

No, but you overreacted about something you could of just of waited until 11 to call about. Or easier yet. Had it directly deposited into your banking account like most people.

Sad thing is, you will probably have it all spent within a week. Then in 10 months cry broke at Christmas time.

Quoting Anonymous:

Of course it would silly.... they don't open until 11:00am.  So in 15 more minutes now.  But I was anxious, and on here, so I figured I would ask and see if anyone else was experiancing problems with the IRS's website.   Any way, there was another post on here about it and they posted the IRS Phone number, I called and it is still saying direct deposite on Feb. 6th.  So, I should be fine.  I was just anxiously curious.  I am not stupid.

Quoting MissMysteriouss:

I have no idea, I had mine direct deposited into my bank. I got my federal yesterday and state today.

Why not call the place you filed with to see if your check is in? Wouldn't that be easier then asking us?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)