Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

getting the smell out of the microwave

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
Not sure what smell it is... Def old/burnt popcorn and who knows what else! Anyone have any advice on how to get the smell out?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:33 AM

How to Get Bad Smells out of a Microwave

Edited by Maluniu, Eleanor L, BR, Steve

You can use several methods to get bad smells out of a microwave if you burned some popcorn or meat or have other distasteful odors. Place vinegar, vanilla extract, lemon juice or baking soda in a bowl with water and boil the water inside the microwave. Then clean the oven with soap and water to refresh the microwave. You may also deodorize the microwave by cleaning the oven with baking soda in solution.

Ads by Google

Misook® Official Site

Luxe Looks: Rich Colors and Bold Styles. Free Ship on Orders $100+
Misook.com/Official_Site

EditSteps

Vinegar

1. 1
    Place 4 teaspoons (20 ml) of white vinegar in a microwave-safe bowl with water and microwave on high for 6 minutes. Leave the solution in the microwave to steam for an hour and then wipe the insides. Clean the microwave with soap and water.

Ads by Google

Kill Mold and Mildew

Vital Oxide Disinfectant. Hospital Grade, Safe and Fast
    www.orisonmarketing.com
    • An alternative is to place a bowl of white vinegar in the microwave -- without turning on the microwave -- and allow the vinegar to sit there until the odor is gone. Then clean the microwave with soap and water.
    • Another alternative is to clean the microwave's interior with soap and water, then wipe down the insides with a cloth moistened with water and white vinegar.

Lemon Juice

1. 1
    Put 5 tsp. (25 ml) of lemon juice in a microwave-safe bowl with water and microwave on high for 6 minutes. Allow the bowl to remain in the microwave for an hour. Wipe the lemon juice from the walls and clean with soap and water.

• As an alternative, place a couple of slices of lemon on the bottom of a cup with a little water and microwave on high for 5 minutes. Wipe the microwave and clean the oven.

Vanilla

1. 1
    Place 4 tsp. (20 ml) of vanilla in a bowl of water and microwave until the solution boils. Allow the steam to work in the oven for a half hour, then wipe the inside of the microwave and clean.

Baking Soda

1. 1
    Mix 5 tsp. (25 ml) of baking powder in a bowl of water. Run on high for 6 minutes and allow the bowl to sit for an hour. Wipe the insides and then clean the microwave with soap and water.

• You may also dip a cloth in a solution of water and baking soda. Clean the microwave by wiping with the cloth in a circular motion.

Cloves

1. 1
    Clean the inside of the microwave and the tray with soap and water. Place 1/4 cup (57 grams) of whole cloves in the microwave until you use the microwave again.

Ads by Google

Be A Hero With Axe Apollo

Axe┬« Offers You The Opportunity Of A Lifetime. See For Details!
    www.axeapollosweepstakes.com

55-yr-Old Mother Looks 27

Local Mom Publishes 1 Simple Skin Trick That Has Doctors Angry.
    www.Skinozin.com/Anti-Aging

I "Fixed" My Wrinkles

I spent 1000's on wrinkle reduction then I found this amazing solution.
    www.relonce.com/Anti-Aging

EditTips

• Allow the microwav
atyou
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:34 AM
Vinegar and water.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
davnrori
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:34 AM

I microwave lemon juice to get the smells out.

aprilsalcro
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:35 AM
I put a bowl of water and add vinegar to it and set it for five minutes once it's done wipe with a rag
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN