Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What's for dinner (I know, I'm super early)

Posted by   + Show Post

I think we are going to have this stir fry except with chicken since I'm cooking for my neighbor too:

Glazed Seitan Stir-Fry

Glazed Seitan Stir-Fry

Serves 4

30 minutes or fewer

Have all ingredients chopped and ready, and keep them in constant motion over high heat while cooking so they get crisp on the outside and stay tender inside.
Glazed Seitan
  • 3 Tbs. maple syrup
  • 3 Tbs. orange juice
  • 1 Tbs. low-sodium soy sauce
  • 1 Tbs. toasted sesame oil
  • 1 12-oz. pkg. seitan, shredded
Stir-Fry
  • ¾ cup cashews
  • 1 Tbs. plus 1 tsp. sesame oil
  • 1 red bell pepper, cut into ¼-inch strips (about 1 cup)
  • 1 cup frozen shelled edamame
  • 1 Tbs. minced ginger
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced (about 1 Tbs.)
  • ½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
  • 6 Tbs. orange juice
  • 1 Tbs. arrowroot powder

1. To make Glazed Seitan: Combine syrup, juice, and soy sauce in small bowl.

2. Heat oil in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add seitan, and stir-fry 4 minutes, or until golden. Add maple syrup mixture, and simmer 3 minutes, or until seitan is coated with glaze. Transfer to bowl. Wipe out skillet.

3. To make Stir-Fry: Toast cashews in dry skillet over medium-high heat 3 minutes, or until fragrant. Transfer to bowl. Heat 1 Tbs. sesame oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper and edamame, and stir-fry 2 minutes.

4. Move vegetables to sides of skillet, and pour remaining 1 tsp. oil in center. Add ginger, garlic, and red pepper flakes, and stir-fry 1 minute. Stir in 2 Tbs. water, Glazed Seitan, and cashews. Cover, and cook 2 minutes, or until pepper is tender.

5. Combine orange juice and arrowroot powder. Stir into vegetable mixture. Bring to a simmer, then remove from heat, and serve. 
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:34 AM
Replies (111-120):
Josie_P
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:53 AM
1 mom liked this
It's actually 8pm here so we had dinner already. We had pasta with Alfredo sauce. It was our meatless night :) we had strawberry-mango cake for dessert.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nunyabusiness
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:00 AM

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting Nunyabusiness:

Skinny chicken and dumplings

What's skinny about it? I make chicken and dumpling soup but it's not fattening. Is just chicken and dumplings different?

That's what I call it. It's just a skinny version of what my mom used to make growing up. LOL I use fat free cream soups, a ton of veggies, and reduced fat biscuits and cheese. That's all. I did it once on myfitnesspal and a serving of mine is 280 calories and one serving of my mom's was 900 something! I'll go with mine! 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers
Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:03 AM
1 mom liked this
Yup. Dhs grandpa gave us some sausage he made from hunting trip so I'm using that.

All i know is it's some sort of meat concoction in a Zucchini on a bed of rice. I found it on pincered and it looks really good.

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting Hanab818:

Zucchini boats and rice

Yum. What's in your zucchini boats? Are you having any protein?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mich.el.le
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:03 AM

Quoting Nunyabusiness:

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting Nunyabusiness:

What's skinny about it? I make chicken and dumpling soup but it's not fattening. Is just chicken and dumplings different?

That's what I call it. It's just a skinny version of what my mom used to make growing up. LOL I use fat free cream soups, a ton of veggies, and reduced fat biscuits and cheese. That's all. I did it once on myfitnesspal and a serving of mine is 280 calories and one serving of my mom's was 900 something! I'll go with mine! 

Whoa. Quite the difference. lol I've never had chicken and dumplings like that. :)

Nunyabusiness
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:06 AM

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting Nunyabusiness:

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting Nunyabusiness:

Whoa. Quite the difference. lol I've never had chicken and dumplings like that. :)

Friggin fraggin delicious and she plops it on top of buttery mashed potatoes. How she stays so skinny is beyond me! I can't eat like that! haha

Daisypath Anniversary tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers
mich.el.le
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:07 AM

Quoting Nunyabusiness:

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting Nunyabusiness:

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting Nunyabusiness:

Friggin fraggin delicious and she plops it on top of buttery mashed potatoes. How she stays so skinny is beyond me! I can't eat like that! haha

Lol. My mom is the same way. I hate her. :P 

SuperPickle
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:08 AM

White Bean Macaroni Casserole

went to go get a jump on making it and my cottage cheese was bad....yuck..

So switching it it meatless sloppy joes

Charliesmommy11
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Haha come on over !

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting Charliesmommy11:

Marinated pork tender loin will be broiled and served over white rice with a mustard shallot cream sauce that will be on the asparagus as well. Haven't decided if I'm going to do yeast rolls or the rest of the French bread.

Goodness. I think I'll stop at your house after the other lady's. lol

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RobinBright
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:46 AM
1 mom liked this

White chicken chili, already in the crock pot and smelling good : )

LntLckrsCmQut
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting LntLckrsCmQut:

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting LntLckrsCmQut:

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting LntLckrsCmQut:

Pan seared salmon with a remoulade sauce, kale salad and roasted potatoes, carrots and onions.

Wow. Can I come over? 

Dinner is at 5:30 sharp. Don't be late.

Oh, and we are having orange, raspberry, strawberry and blueberry smoothies after. :)

I'll be there! Don't worry, I'm anally punctual. lol

We had smoothies for breakfast. :)

Niiiice. We love smoothies. Right now, the farmers market is selling their small oranges for 5 for a 1.00. I've been buying 30 at a time(every week)because I use it as a base for my smoothies instead of dairy.

Wow, that's awesome! We use orange juice and almond milk for our smoothie base. We put a full cup (not packed) of kale in them too. Super yummy and super nutritious! :)

I wish we had a farmers market during the winter. Where do you live? Are you some place warm?

I live in TX but it's an inside market. It's like Whole Foods. I tried Kale and really enjoyed it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)