Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How long is too long

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies

to be in a serious relationship and not be married?  

I am just really curious what others think on this subject. 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AmaliaD
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:10 AM

different for everyone - they say 5 yrs.  but my dad and step mom never planned on marrying because both their families were grown and didnt want to mix their monies.   but then my dad crashed on his bike.  they had to lie to get her into the ER.   which motivated them to marry - its the same as before they were married.   they were together 10 years before that happened. 

scperdomo
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:13 AM
For me personally, 3 years. DH and I were together just over 2 years before we got married. If there weren't at least talking of getting married by year 2, I would have started reevaluating things.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:20 AM

Depends on your age, whether or not you are both out your own , If you are in college ? lots of factors come into play.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:20 AM

I agree with you on the last sentence. 

Quoting scperdomo:

For me personally, 3 years. DH and I were together just over 2 years before we got married. If there weren't at least talking of getting married by year 2, I would have started reevaluating things.

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:21 AM
1 mom liked this

I lived with my husband for 7 years before feeling comfortable enough to commit to marriage. I had been thru a bad one and didn't want to make the same mistake. Thank God he didn't put a time limit on it.

Photo: -Randi.Photo

punkasscanuck
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:22 AM

i like my last name and im not the marrying kind.

Hannahluvsdogs
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:22 AM
Some people never get married, and there's nothing wrong with that IMO. There's not one right time for everyone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
UnFFnStoppable4
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:23 AM
I never really thought about it. I was with my ex for 5 years, engaged for 3. I thank my lucky stars we didn't get married!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SnapIt
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:25 AM

you cant put a time limit, unless you want something different than the person you are involved with

If one person doesnt want marriage and they are clear, time to move on. No need to push that person into a relationship they dont want. Sometimes they dont know what they want, sometimes they dont know how to say Bye. So why waste your time on someone who cant commit

ArianEponae
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:26 AM
Some people don't want to be married. I wouldn't be if it didn't matter so much to him
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN