Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I hate women with short hair. edit added

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 151 Replies
3 moms liked this

Edit #2

Since it seems so hard to read past the firs paragraph I do not really hate anyone with short hair, I just want to be able to follow my beliefs and keep my son's hair long with  out being called a lazy parent. And no I do not get pissed at anyone who makes that mistake, its going to happen people see the hair and assume, that is fine, what makes me mad is when people argue with me about him being a him.... I don't even want an apology, none is needed, but it is a choice not lazy parenting, I wold save a ton in shampoo and conditioner if we cut it.

Original post -

I think women with short hair look horrible. They look like they are too lazy to take care of the hair god gave them. They cut it off so they can look like men. Anyone who cuts a beautiful little girls hair off should be shot.

Edit number # 1

This is not how I feel. The post about boys with long hair made me mad.

My son has long hair because it is a choice we made biased on our beliefs. My point with this ridiculous statement is that long hair on a man or boy doesn't make them look any more like a girl than short hair nakes a woman look like a man.

Why can females have hair whatever length they choose but a male cannot?

Edit #2 part 2

I wold like to give a brief answer about my beliefs. 

I feel that the Hebrew scriptures (the Old Testament) encourage long hair here are a few scriptural  examples.

Leviticus 19:27  "‘Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard." - don't cut your hair or shave.

Judges 13-16 The story of Sampson in Judges, yes his situation was that of a Nazarene (Numbers 6:5 "During the entire period of their Nazirite vow, no razor may be used on their head. They must be holy until the period of their dedication to the Lord is over; they must let their hair grow long.")  and he had other rules to follow. But if he was the only one with long hair wouldn't Delilah had a much easier time know where his power came from? I feel that the nation of Israel all had long hair.

2 Samuel 10:4-5 "So Hanun seized David's men, shaved off half of each man's beard, cut off their garments in the middle at the buttocks, and sent them away. When David was told about this, he sent messengers to meet the men, for they were greatly humiliated. The king said, "Stay at Jericho till your beards have grown, and then come back."- They were told to stay away from the king until their beards grew back, they were not instructed to shave and come home. Yes I know this is beards not hair, but I feel they go hand in hand.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Texascandee
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:40 AM

Hmmm, I have short hair and I don't look horrible.  I used to have hair down to my waist but it's so thick  I would have horrible headaches.  As I got older, I said hell with it and cut it.  It's nothing to do with too lazy to take care of it at all...........I'm sure there's something about you that other people don't like...........

UxorQuodMatris.
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:40 AM
8 moms liked this
Yeah, that sounds totally sane.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cat1622
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:41 AM
1 mom liked this

I kept my hair short for years because being in the military it is a pain in the neck to go from hair slicked back and hair sprayed to your head for work then get ready to go out for dinner or something after work. It is easier to have a bob hair cut so you can look remotely like a girl when you get off work without having to spend another hour or so showering and getting ready AGAIN for the day. Trust me, I do NOT like that I HAVE to look like a dude all day every day in this uniform hiding everything feminine about me. I cannot wait to get out and be a real woman again!

RLT2
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:41 AM
21 moms liked this

Don't hold back, make sure you put all the crazy out there right up front.

mich.el.le
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:42 AM
1 mom liked this

My short hair was more work, so there goes that theory.

romalove
by SakePrincess on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:42 AM
3 moms liked this

Thanks for sharing.

Now go find something to do.

beerabitch69
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:42 AM
1 mom liked this

mine too.  Forget that nonsense.

Quoting mich.el.le:

My short hair was more work, so there goes that theory.

lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:43 AM
2 moms liked this

YUP that is it exactly we want to look like men!  This is one of the most ridiculous posts I have read.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:43 AM

It works for some women, and even for some little girls. I think people need to be more aware of what kind of face shape works well with short hair, not all should do it, but some do look very good with shorter hair.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:43 AM
I don't really. This was in response to the boys with long hair post. Why is it ok for women to have hair whatever length they want but not boy and men?

Quoting Texascandee:

Hmmm, I have short hair and I don't look horrible.  I used to have hair down to my waist but it's so thick  I would have horrible headaches.  As I got older, I said hell with it and cut it.  It's nothing to do with too lazy to take care of it at all...........I'm sure there's something about you that other people don't like...........

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN