Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you have virgin hair?

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:02 AM
  • 204 Replies
Who here has virgin hair?

By that I mean hair 100% free of perms, straighteners, chemical colors and lighteners. Temp color doesn't count because it does get washed out in about 8 weeks. However if a permanent process has occurred the only way to be rid of it is the scissors. So if your hair was 12" long when you colored it and that was four years ago in order for it to be virgin you'd have to cut that original 12" off. Most often you can easily tell by the line of demarcation.

As a stylist I went in the opposite direction most stylists do. My hair is to my butt crack and is completely virgin. I was wondering if anyone else has virgin hair of significant length or any length...but keeping it virgin at a longer length is considerably more difficult.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Schleetle
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:04 AM
Not of any significant length. I hate my natural hair colors, but I need to a cut before I dye it again so it's growing out some atm.
svolkov
by Emerald Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:04 AM
2 moms liked this
Yes completely. I dont use harsh shampoos etc either..nor do I use a blow dryer or flat iron usually
Matriarch87
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:04 AM
Natural listeners like the sun or pool do not count...I'm not sure about things like lemon juice...I don't think they count either.
AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:04 AM
I never did anything to my hair but I do spray dye it for halloween. It was down to my butt but I was sick of dealing with it so I chopped it off to my neck in the beginning of last year. Now its past my shoulders.
Kitschy
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:05 AM
I have virgin hair.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lalalie
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:07 AM

Mine isn't, but my old friend kept her hair virgin until she turned 21. That was the first time she ever did anything with her hair, and when she did her hair was to her butt.

elizabg
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:08 AM
I have virgin hair. I have never put any color products on it. I haven't had a perm since middle school close to twenty years ago.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SnapIt
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:09 AM

I dont have anything in my hair but hairspray

Im in my 40s and still have my own color

tezell78
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:09 AM
My hair is to my butt and hasn't been colored permed or curled more than 6 times total in 9 years. It's been "virgin" for probably 6 or 7
SterlingHeart
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:09 AM

i haven't had virgin hair since age 13 LOL 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)