Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

omg get up and take care of ur kid or go home!!! upddate update 2!!!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

dear sil,

i dont miund watching ur baby for you while you work till 11pm  but if you are going to stay  over the night. TAKE CARE OF YOUR DAMN KID! DONT LEAVE HER IN HER PACK AND PLAY SCREAMING  SINCE 8 AM  BECAUSE YOU WANT TO SLEEP!

im so annoyed right now. mil lives in MY home. and sil stays over with the baby often. she is straight ignoring this screaming child because shes too tired. at one point she took the baby out of the crib and let her run around mils room not only destroying her room but when mil found her had money and jewlery in her mouth ( mils room is not baby proof)  not only am i pissed off mil left sil here while she went to work, but this child has been screaming because shes hungry and probably wet for hours on and off. and i here sil tellhing her to hush and be quiet.dh has told me to stop taking care of the baby for her ( i used to do everything because sil would just let her suffer) and to stay out of it and let him handle it. but hes not home. i have been up all night long sick im exhausted and wanted to sleep before i had class...so much for that!

and no im not going up there and getting her kid and doing what she should be doing.we have told her what she needs to do, she refuses, cps has been called but nothing is ever done. mil enables her and im tired of it. she needs to get her lazy ass out of bed and take care of that kid and get out of my house!

update the baby started screaming bloody murder...i now have the baby  and shes eating and happy...sil is STILL out cold despite us trying to get her up....frustrated

update 2

so mil came home i told her what was going on she said its not her fault shes on medication for insomnia and took it late...whatever!  she said she couldnt here the baby screaming while she was sleeping because of the medication. then 15 minutes later yells up the steps at sil to get up and sil responds..hmmm..thought she couldnt here anything ..plus i heard her telluing the baby to shut up and be quiet ect.

mil then made sil a nice cup of coffee and a big lunch and they are sitting at the table chatting....while the baby wonders my house ( im watching but sil doesnt know that) if i wasnt so damn tired from being up all night i would say something but ill just let dh handle it later.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:53 AM
Replies (41-48):
Logan_Bellasmom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:40 PM

I would go throw cold water on her ass and tell her to get the fuck up and deal with her kid.

Caitlin10081989
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:41 PM

Let your dh handle it when he gets home. She needs to take care of her baby. She had the baby, not you.

Oostera
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:44 PM

Poor baby:(

rockgal81
by Steph on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:44 PM
It's your house, so I would tell her she is disrupting your household, so she needs to get up and take care of her child. She's a shitty parent, and a shitty houseguest. You make the rules in your house, so don't allow her to act that way! Thats so disrespectful to you! :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
starbuckmom03
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:50 PM

Since its your house, your dh needs to sit down with both mil and sil and let them know you are not a live in babysitter.  Either they start taking care of the baby themselves or they can move out.  Both of them are taking advantage of you.  Don't let them.  If they are going to do this, I would take off one morning and be gone till the afternoon so it forces your sil to get up and take care of her child.  And they need to be responsible for any messes that they or the child makes.

NiceMom06
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:50 PM
i agree

Quoting cLanief:

If it's YOUR home... kick em out!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CoolRelax
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:51 PM

I would fight that ho.  Seriously.  Do not EVER let that lazy girl lay her head down in your home and fall asleep.  She can sleep somewhere else.  When she's in your home and you are there, she is to be monitored at all times just like she was a toddler herself.  And if MIL has something to say about it you can remind her that SHE is the one who raised the worthless mom, and to think about that before she defends her.

Give that approach about a week before she stops bringing her kid over, or just stops coming over herself.  And don't be surprised if MIL finds a new place sooner than August as well.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:53 PM
Don't allow your SIL to stay there. Simple. Problem solved.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)