Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

He came to his senses and I am actually sad but deep down relieved.

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:45 PM
  • 41 Replies
1 mom liked this

We were talking about more kids..... i am 42, our oldest is 25 and our youngest is 12 --- well i wasn't going to deny my husband more since i was fine either way -- i love babies and love being a mom.

But just got the call.......... in his small soft almost I am sorry voice..... I think we should enjoy our life now.... our baby days are about grand kids now... i don't want to try.... are you mad?  I almost laughed -- I think from the relief -- i had been reading on issues over 40 babies can have last night......  not that those odds would stop me -- just weighed heavy on my mind and heart.  

So back on track - no more babies --- and back on the lets get a bigger house mode!  Yippee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

life is never dull!  LOL 

SterlingHeart

"these ramblings courtesy of a mom over 40"

by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kryptomom
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:46 PM
1 mom liked this

It's a tough decision to make.  I'm glad you're at peace with it.

SterlingHeart
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:59 PM
4 moms liked this

i am -- but i had to joke with him -- i said but honey i already picked out the twins bedding -- he almost choked LOL --- 

Quoting kryptomom:

It's a tough decision to make.  I'm glad you're at peace with it.

SterlingHeart

SterlingHeart
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:07 PM

BUMP!

audreesmama
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:09 PM
I'm excited that Dh is almost 40. I'm 25 and am done having babies. I'm glad there's another mom out there who can admit that there's nothing wrong with not wanting to be like the Duggars lol. Dh and I are both content with our 2 and foster parenting :-).

I'm glad you all agreed!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
eykelley
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:11 PM
In all honesty, I'm glad that's the choice u made. Another baby sounds great, but with kids that old it's tough. I'm 25. My baby sister is 2! I honestly don't know her or feel related to her. :( my mom has such a hard time now. It's difficult all around. I have a 5yo and a 5mo. So it's weird having a sibling so young when my kid is older!
I'm glad ur at peace with it though. Dh and I keep going back and forth at whether we are done or not. I want 1 more, he doesn't. :( it's hard.
SterlingHeart
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:24 PM

yes we do agree --- i think now he is at complete peace with our next phase of life

Quoting audreesmama:

I'm excited that Dh is almost 40. I'm 25 and am done having babies. I'm glad there's another mom out there who can admit that there's nothing wrong with not wanting to be like the Duggars lol. Dh and I are both content with our 2 and foster parenting :-).

I'm glad you all agreed!

SterlingHeart

SterlingHeart
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:26 PM

yeah even the small gap between my daughters is hard - they hate one another right now and my house is often a yelling fest with them too fighting over who borrowed whos shit LOL 

Quoting eykelley:

In all honesty, I'm glad that's the choice u made. Another baby sounds great, but with kids that old it's tough. I'm 25. My baby sister is 2! I honestly don't know her or feel related to her. :( my mom has such a hard time now. It's difficult all around. I have a 5yo and a 5mo. So it's weird having a sibling so young when my kid is older!
I'm glad ur at peace with it though. Dh and I keep going back and forth at whether we are done or not. I want 1 more, he doesn't. :( it's hard.

SterlingHeart

eykelley
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:27 PM
Haha. Yep. Been there. There are 5 of us. I'm 25, my lil bro is 21, my lil sisters are 16, 12, & 2. It's always crazy in their house. Haha

Quoting SterlingHeart:

yeah even the small gap between my daughters is hard - they hate one another right now and my house is often a yelling fest with them too fighting over who borrowed whos shit LOL 

Quoting eykelley:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:28 PM
I'm 33 have 2 sons 2.5 and 1.5 my husband wants to try for another one before I'm 35. I have very little time to arrange this since my kids are so young still.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:31 PM

I am 35 and sometimes me and DH talk about another, but then we snap back into reality. We have 2 DD's-11 and 9...I just can't see starting all over again. I know mine are still relatively young, but they are way more independent than a baby would be.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)