Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

breastfeeding while pregnant

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies
I'm four months pregnant almost and I am breastfeeding my 10 month old daughter still. My ob told me I should quit breastfeeding by about 22 weeks or so and I brought it up to the nurse and she said as long as I don't have complications or have had cases of miscarriage I can breastfeed for however long I want. Should I go with the nurse or ob. I have never known to have a miscarriage and I'm not having any abnormal signs of my pregnancy either.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
WithHope
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:59 PM
With support from my OB and lactation consultant I breast fed up until 30 weeks. I would have continued but my milk turned to colostrum and DS lost interest. Did your ob say why to stop?

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm four months pregnant almost and I am breastfeeding my 10 month old daughter still. My ob told me I should quit breastfeeding by about 22 weeks or so and I brought it up to the nurse and she said as long as I don't have complications or have had cases of miscarriage I can breastfeed for however long I want. Should I go with the nurse or ob. I have never known to have a miscarriage and I'm not having any abnormal signs of my pregnancy either.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
paganbaby
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:51 PM

Oh please. My OB tried repeatedly to get me to wean ds when I was pg with dd. I nursed him up until the day I delivered then 3 three years after. No problems what so ever. Well maybe except some sore nipples,lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured