Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

**Update concerning our unstable mommies out there**S/O.....should Moms with anxiety/mood disorders be allowed to keep having children?

In my honest opinion...I don't think they should. 

At least not if they are on Medicaid. 

****OK....let me just say...I should have been more clear. If you are on Medicaid, because you are unable to WORK because of your "anxiety or mood problems"....(Just stop acting like a drama queen and handle your shit)....then you shouldn't be popping out more babies.

I love how this post has turned into a giant sob story. Everyone competeing to see who is the most sad and unstable. 

Well, I hate to point it out to you...but if you are able to sit online and chat with other people, and function at this level, then you can get a job. Just because you are lazy, or had a shitty childhood, doesn't mean others should have to pay your way. It ALSO means that you shoudln't be on Medicaid..and that I also wasn't addressing this to you.....so please put that in your pipe and smoke it...lmao. 

I'm a very nice, kind person. I just have my opinions. If you don't like them, feel free to tell me why:)

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:05 PM
Replies (111-120):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 22 on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:56 PM
My Mother is bipolar and manic depressive she was violently abusive to all of her children. She had 7 kids, someone should have stopped her from procreating.
bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:57 PM
2 moms liked this

It is my opinion that your opinion is incredibly stupid. 

Luna091306
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:59 PM

That would be someone who is mentally unstable not someone suffering from a mood/anxiety disorder that can be controlled with medication.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes if they are unstable and their thoughts or behavior put the children at risk for abuse or neglect. Kid's safety trumps mom's rights.

Quoting Anonymous:

what about mother's who were stable but developed a problem?  Should we rip the children from their homes and parents?  lol this is offensive and stupid.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anonymous
by Anonymous 23 on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:59 PM
I have bi polar type 2 and am not on Medicaid...me being bi polar does not determine if I am a good mother or not. I have it under control.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:59 PM
Sure it does... I have to pay a ton of taxes... 36% of which goes to services for households like you... If I could keep that 36% in my own pocket I could take care of myself better... Less work, maybe a vacation, less stress, etc... Etc... So yes it does effect me.

Quoting Anonymous:

It doesn't directly effect you. 

Quoting Anonymous:

And where would you be if it wasn't for us the taxpayers?  Where do you think the government gets their money from?  You definitely shouldn't have children if you are too stupid to know how your medical bills are getting paid.

Quoting Anonymous:

What you want me to thank you? You didn't come down here and pay my medical bills out of your pocket. Geeze you people are crazy 

Quoting macbudsmom:

We the people, aka the government, are providing at the very least your health insurance.  Show some gratitude instead of entitlement. 

Quoting Anonymous:

You are not providing me anything. And who said I was going to have a child before we can afford it? Get over yourself

Quoting Anonymous:

If you can't afford another child, you shouldn't have it.  And, it is our business as you want us to provide for you both.

Quoting Anonymous:

I suffer from depression and anxiety and currently have Medicaid. I'm going to have another baby with my fiancé in the next 2 years or so. And it is none of your business what I do with my life

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:02 PM

And this is why they say Americans are ignorant selfish assholes

Quoting Anonymous:

Sure it does... I have to pay a ton of taxes... 36% of which goes to services for households like you... If I could keep that 36% in my own pocket I could take care of myself better... Less work, maybe a vacation, less stress, etc... Etc... So yes it does effect me.

Quoting Anonymous:

It doesn't directly effect you. 

Quoting Anonymous:

And where would you be if it wasn't for us the taxpayers?  Where do you think the government gets their money from?  You definitely shouldn't have children if you are too stupid to know how your medical bills are getting paid.

Quoting Anonymous:

What you want me to thank you? You didn't come down here and pay my medical bills out of your pocket. Geeze you people are crazy 

Quoting macbudsmom:

We the people, aka the government, are providing at the very least your health insurance.  Show some gratitude instead of entitlement. 

Quoting Anonymous:

You are not providing me anything. And who said I was going to have a child before we can afford it? Get over yourself

Quoting Anonymous:

If you can't afford another child, you shouldn't have it.  And, it is our business as you want us to provide for you both.

Quoting Anonymous:

I suffer from depression and anxiety and currently have Medicaid. I'm going to have another baby with my fiancé in the next 2 years or so. And it is none of your business what I do with my life

Tal0n
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:02 PM

Of course they should!!

Says the Mom with Major Depressive Disorder, General Anxiety Disorder, Aspergers and some anger issue that probably has a name but neither of the psychiatrists who evaluated me told me what it was.

Don't be such a jackass.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:03 PM
It can be controlled doesnt mean it is being controlled.

Quoting Luna091306:

That would be someone who is mentally unstable not someone suffering from a mood/anxiety disorder that can be controlled with medication.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes if they are unstable and their thoughts or behavior put the children at risk for abuse or neglect. Kid's safety trumps mom's rights.

Quoting Anonymous:

what about mother's who were stable but developed a problem?  Should we rip the children from their homes and parents?  lol this is offensive and stupid.

Presley77
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:05 PM
I was diagnosed with panic disorder when I was a child. I am a highly successful 3 business owner who buys her own insurance is happily married with a child. I don't agree and find this post ignorant. Not everyone with a disorder is unstable.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:05 PM
Just make sure you are taking your meds as prescribed and getting some form of therapy. If you are stable and pose no risk to your child, then this is not an issue for you.

Quoting Tal0n:

Of course they should!!

Says the Mom with Major Depressive
Disorder, General Anxiety Disorder, Aspergers and some anger issue that
probably has a name but neither of the psychiatrists who evaluated me
told me what it was.

Don't be such a jackass.

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)