Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

**Update concerning our unstable mommies out there**S/O.....should Moms with anxiety/mood disorders be allowed to keep having children?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 288 Replies
4 moms liked this

In my honest opinion...I don't think they should. 

At least not if they are on Medicaid. 

****OK....let me just say...I should have been more clear. If you are on Medicaid, because you are unable to WORK because of your "anxiety or mood problems"....(Just stop acting like a drama queen and handle your shit)....then you shouldn't be popping out more babies.

I love how this post has turned into a giant sob story. Everyone competeing to see who is the most sad and unstable. 

Well, I hate to point it out to you...but if you are able to sit online and chat with other people, and function at this level, then you can get a job. Just because you are lazy, or had a shitty childhood, doesn't mean others should have to pay your way. It ALSO means that you shoudln't be on Medicaid..and that I also wasn't addressing this to you.....so please put that in your pipe and smoke it...lmao. 

I'm a very nice, kind person. I just have my opinions. If you don't like them, feel free to tell me why:)

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:05 PM
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:10 PM
3 moms liked this

So....you're telling me that abortion is wrong and cruel...but bringing babies into this world that have to be cared for by a fucked up, mentally unstable mom is ok with you??

Ok, I get it now...

sweetmomma326
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:11 PM
11 moms liked this

This really offended me.  I was diagnosed as being bi polar and having depression and I am far from being an unstable mother.  I also received medicaid during pregnancy because I wasnt married at the time and wasnt allowed on my now fiancees insurance so I had to get it as I was a full time student and pregnant.  As long as its under control, they shouldn't be denied the right to have children.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
ElitestJen
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:11 PM
23 moms liked this

You want to sterilize the mentally ill?

That's not Hitler-esque at all.....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:13 PM
3 moms liked this

I suffer from depression and anxiety and currently have Medicaid. I'm going to have another baby with my fiancé in the next 2 years or so. And it is none of your business what I do with my life

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:15 PM
2 moms liked this

I have an anxiety disorder and I'm a mother of 2.  I'm not on medicaid, I work full time as does my DH.  We have coverage through my job that I pay for.  I am far from being an unstable mother. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:15 PM

where did I say anything about sterilization?

Quoting ElitestJen:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:15 PM
And who exactly will enforce that? *eye roll*
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:16 PM

if you are, as you say, a stable mom, whay would this offend you?

Quoting sweetmomma326:

This really offended me.  I was diagnosed as being bi polar and having depression and I am far from being an unstable mother.  I also received medicaid during pregnancy because I wasnt married at the time and wasnt allowed on my now fiancees insurance so I had to get it as I was a full time student and pregnant.  As long as its under control, they shouldn't be denied the right to have children.

BrookieCookie1
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:16 PM
2 moms liked this

These medicaid posts are really boring and have been for ever now. They're really trite, actually. In all honesty, why not? If someone's on Medicaid then that means that their psychiatrist visits are free or way cheaper than the poor soul that gets socked for an 85.00 hr rate that most charge per hour of therapy, if you've got no behaviorial health care. And for that matter, who in the world isn't crazy in one damn way or another once you really, really know them? If you haven't figured any of those things out yet, thus realizing the sheer stupidity of your question, then perhaps you should quit focusing so much energy on writing pissy things under the guise of anonymity on your computer and get out and live a little or get a life!

ElitestJen
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:17 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

where did I say anything about sterilization?

Quoting ElitestJen:

How else are you going to "not allow" them to have more kids?

Does your finger have magical powers of obedience when you wag at it someone?

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN