Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

**Update concerning our unstable mommies out there**S/O.....should Moms with anxiety/mood disorders be allowed to keep having children?

In my honest opinion...I don't think they should. 

At least not if they are on Medicaid. 

****OK....let me just say...I should have been more clear. If you are on Medicaid, because you are unable to WORK because of your "anxiety or mood problems"....(Just stop acting like a drama queen and handle your shit)....then you shouldn't be popping out more babies.

I love how this post has turned into a giant sob story. Everyone competeing to see who is the most sad and unstable. 

Well, I hate to point it out to you...but if you are able to sit online and chat with other people, and function at this level, then you can get a job. Just because you are lazy, or had a shitty childhood, doesn't mean others should have to pay your way. It ALSO means that you shoudln't be on Medicaid..and that I also wasn't addressing this to you.....so please put that in your pipe and smoke it...lmao. 

I'm a very nice, kind person. I just have my opinions. If you don't like them, feel free to tell me why:)

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:05 PM
Replies (281-288):
littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I totally got that point as well. I loved your original reply. The voice of reason in all the whack jobs defending their free rides. I've seen it. The lady who used to live next door is like that. Raised a DD who's an adult who's like that now. She has a little dd who has "behavior" issues. Gee wonder why? Mommy is teaching her how so she can ride the gravy train too. Three generations...

Quoting BelleVernonGirl:

and they WANT their kids to be the same way so they can collect for them as well...Lot's of women can keep it together and handle all their business but some can't...those are the ones I think the OP is talking about...the one's who CAN'T and SHOULDN'T be raising kids...right?

Quoting littlesippycup:

I can kind of agree with you. I have seen a few crazy ass women riding the system turning out crazy kids riding the system...

I've also seen moms on here talking about wanting to kill themselves and the cops coming (not under anon either) and they talk about the PA they get. And they're pregnant and have two or three kids. Then they're on here the next day or week like nothing. That is some scary shit right there. I understand that bad stuff happened to them when they were children or whatever but damn when you're an adult you get to choose how you live...

ohmybaby
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:57 PM

You are absolutely RIGHT.... you are entitled to YOUR opinion!   I for one am so glad your opinion doesn't mean anything.  That's right cookie.  It doesn't mean a darned thing because thankfully it won't change the world we live in.  Can you imagine going back into the days between 1933 to 1977?  Back to the days when the US practiced Eugenics?  Wow.... 

http://rt.com/usa/news/eugenics-sterilization-victims-us-806/

happinessforyou
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:20 AM

Ok- reign it in a bit- I didn't offer an opinion either way- I just said ask people who actually experienced this themselves. Their opinions would be of far greater value than anyone else's!

Quoting Anonymous:

I grew up with a mom who has bipolar, panic disorder, depression. I think she did a pretty good job raising me as a single mother. Yea i witness her panic attack and yes they were scary but that is hardly her fault now is it.

Quoting happinessforyou:

As I stated in a previous post-ask people who have had to grown up with parents that had these issues and listen to what their perspective is. They know better than anyone else what a child goes through with a family like this.

Angelicembrace
by The Dorkfish on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:20 AM
Oh fuck off.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Cristie0911
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:23 AM

I do agree that these people shouldn't get medicaid, if you are SO bad that can't even be expected to hold a job for any period of time.. IDK what to say about you.  Then again, I think we need to be more selective with who gets SSI and disability.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:35 AM

why do i need to reign it  in a bit. I wasn't  being a smart ass or a bitch i was just  giving the opinion of someone who grew up experiencing it.

Quoting happinessforyou:

Ok- reign it in a bit- I didn't offer an opinion either way- I just said ask people who actually experienced this themselves. Their opinions would be of far greater value than anyone else's!

Quoting Anonymous:

I grew up with a mom who has bipolar, panic disorder, depression. I think she did a pretty good job raising me as a single mother. Yea i witness her panic attack and yes they were scary but that is hardly her fault now is it.

Quoting happinessforyou:

As I stated in a previous post-ask people who have had to grown up with parents that had these issues and listen to what their perspective is. They know better than anyone else what a child goes through with a family like this.

happinessforyou
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:38 AM

I guess it should be "rein"? Whatever.

Your reply ended with" but that is hardly her fault now is it."   That sounds a little much when you are reading it. That's all......

Quoting Anonymous:

why do i need to reign it  in a bit. I wasn't  being a smart ass or a bitch i was just  giving the opinion of someone who grew up experiencing it.

Quoting happinessforyou:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting happinessforyou:

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Feb. 7, 2013 at 5:03 PM

Hi everyone,

This post is now locked.

Please do not personally insult members or fight in the group.

If you have any questions about locked or deleted posts, or if you have a question about the group rules, please send a message to The Cafe Group Admin Team.

Thank you for being a member of this group!

The Cafe Group Admin Team

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)