Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

**Update concerning our unstable mommies out there**S/O.....should Moms with anxiety/mood disorders be allowed to keep having children?

In my honest opinion...I don't think they should. 

At least not if they are on Medicaid. 

****OK....let me just say...I should have been more clear. If you are on Medicaid, because you are unable to WORK because of your "anxiety or mood problems"....(Just stop acting like a drama queen and handle your shit)....then you shouldn't be popping out more babies.

I love how this post has turned into a giant sob story. Everyone competeing to see who is the most sad and unstable. 

Well, I hate to point it out to you...but if you are able to sit online and chat with other people, and function at this level, then you can get a job. Just because you are lazy, or had a shitty childhood, doesn't mean others should have to pay your way. It ALSO means that you shoudln't be on Medicaid..and that I also wasn't addressing this to you.....so please put that in your pipe and smoke it...lmao. 

I'm a very nice, kind person. I just have my opinions. If you don't like them, feel free to tell me why:)

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:05 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:28 PM
Why the fuck not? My anxiety has nothing to do with my children for the most part. Yes there are days where I will have a panic attack if they get too close but you know what? "Mommy has to shower, sit with Daddy, okay?"
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:28 PM

You are not providing me anything. And who said I was going to have a child before we can afford it? Get over yourself

Quoting Anonymous:

If you can't afford another child, you shouldn't have it.  And, it is our business as you want us to provide for you both.

Quoting Anonymous:

I suffer from depression and anxiety and currently have Medicaid. I'm going to have another baby with my fiancé in the next 2 years or so. And it is none of your business what I do with my life

Kleotide
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:28 PM

I'm not on medicaid, I have PTSD.  Anxiety is part of that package.  It's taken me some time but I generally have it under control now.  I'm a great mom.  

I fully believe that if a mother (or any person) who has a disorder and needs help she should be encouraged to seek it, even if that means going on medicaid.

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:29 PM

I have PTSD that comes with anxiety, depression, etc.  I have 2 kids and I am a great Mom.  I don't think Medicaid has anything to do with it.  I think help does.  If she's getting proper treatment and care and can therefore provide for her children, what does it matter?  If she's not getting treatment and it results in abuse or neglect, ideally she'd be found and given help or the kids taken to a safer home.

If we look at ALL the reasons we "shouldn't" have children:
Mental or Mood disorders
Finances
Education
Married/divorced/widowed/remarried
Genetic defect
Family history of disease
Weight
Addiction (to food, shopping, etc)
Sense of style or humor

Well...nobody would have children 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:29 PM

what if Daddy's not there? Panic attacks.....give me a break. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Why the fuck not? My anxiety has nothing to do with my children for the most part. Yes there are days where I will have a panic attack if they get too close but you know what? "Mommy has to shower, sit with Daddy, okay?"

-spork2.0-
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:29 PM
And being on medicaid doesnt mean youre not stable.

Quoting ebbierowe:

Your orignal post says nothing about being stable. It simply states "moms with anxiety /mood disorders "

Quoting Anonymous:

*eyes a rolling*....are you on Medicaid? Are you unstable? Are you institutionalized often for your "anxiety" , leaving your children to depend on others to raise them? If yes...then no, you shouldn't have had all those kids. If no, then this post was clearly not about you. 

Quoting Pink.Sunshine:

I have anxiety at times. Should I not have my 3 children? *eyes a rolling*

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ebbierowe
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:30 PM
O_o alk I am saying is your post is does not say what you are implying. You are assuming that people know what you are thinking.

The fact is you didn't type what you actually meant and as a result you have stable women with this issues that are going to respond. You can't blame them for your post not being clear.

I found on cafemom if you dont want assumptions made you have to be as clear as possible. That is all I am saying.

Quoting Anonymous:

well, clearly, if you are stable, then your parenting isn't an issue.....I forgot I was on Cafemom, where I have to use small words and draw pictures.

Quoting ebbierowe:

Your orignal post says nothing about being stable. It simply states "moms with anxiety /mood disorders "

Quoting Anonymous:

*eyes a rolling*....are you on Medicaid? Are you unstable? Are you institutionalized often for your "anxiety" , leaving your children to depend on others to raise them? If yes...then no, you shouldn't have had all those kids. If no, then this post was clearly not about you. 

Quoting Pink.Sunshine:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
macbudsmom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:30 PM

We the people, aka the government, are providing at the very least your health insurance.  Show some gratitude instead of entitlement. 

Quoting Anonymous:

You are not providing me anything. And who said I was going to have a child before we can afford it? Get over yourself

Quoting Anonymous:

If you can't afford another child, you shouldn't have it.  And, it is our business as you want us to provide for you both.

Quoting Anonymous:

I suffer from depression and anxiety and currently have Medicaid. I'm going to have another baby with my fiancé in the next 2 years or so. And it is none of your business what I do with my life

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:30 PM

um, maybe not mentally...but in the grand scheme of things...your LIFE must not be very stable or you would have your OWN insurance....

Quoting -spork2.0-:

And being on medicaid doesnt mean youre not stable.

Quoting ebbierowe:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Pink.Sunshine:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:31 PM
Wtf? If they have it under control, a good family support and are making sure to keep themselves healthy, they are just fine! By banning it, women would hide their conditions, and then what? And what about women that suffer from ppd?

Don't be so short sighted!

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)