Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So God made a farmer huh?

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:36 PM
  • 42 Replies

I'm not even christian, and the new "God Made A Farmer" Dodge RAM commercial even brought me to tears. I was waiting to see how long it would take before someone threw a fit about God being thrown into the superbowl commercials and sure enough I just read through the comments on the youtube video. Why do people always have to turn things into a "that's discrimination" type argument? Just wondering.

Brent Jacob
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Jazmyn Rose
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
I am a caring, loving, single mom of two beautiful kids. I firmly believe in the Law of Attraction and I try to help others that believe the same. Come check out our group "Finding the Secret" to find out more http://www.cafemom.com/group/118498.
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:38 PM
It's not the god part that bothered me, but the whitewashing.

Never mind the slaves who were forced to work the fields for nothing. They act like only country white folk are suited to farm.
Oceana09
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:41 PM
12 moms liked this

So I stand corrected. Not only does everything have to turn into a religious argument, apparently i t has to be turned into a racial one as well.

Quoting Anonymous:

Never mind the slaves who were forced to work the fields for nothing. They act like only country white folk are suited to farm.

Brent Jacob

Jazmyn Rose
I am a caring, loving, single mom of two beautiful kids. I firmly believe in the Law of Attraction and I try to help others that believe the same. Come check out our group "Finding the Secret" to find out more http://www.cafemom.com/group/118498.
Sanctimommy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:47 PM
6 moms liked this

I'd like to make a video like that, with the maudlin background music, the sad sonorous narration, and with black and white images artfully arranged; but I would title it: "So God Made a Cubical Worker" and would feature a short balding tubby little man who picked his nose in most of the scenes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:51 PM
4 moms liked this
I LOVE and miss Paul Harvey. It was a good commercial... And I don't like Dodge and I'm a Ford girl and waiver in my belief in God

People read WAY too deeply into things.
Oceana09
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:51 PM

HAHAHA!!!

Quoting Sanctimommy:

I'd like to make a video like that, with the maudlin background music, the sad sonorous narration, and with black and white images artfully arranged; but I would title it: "So God Made a Cubical Worker" and would feature a short balding tubby little man who picked his nose in most of the scenes.

Brent Jacob

Jazmyn Rose
Oceana09
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:53 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm Pagan and I fell in love with this commercial the minute it started. Whether you believe in God or not, it was a commercial that was meant to make you stop in your tracks and I think it did. Our entire household got silent as soon as he started talking. It was kinda crazy!

Quoting Anonymous:

I LOVE and miss Paul Harvey. It was a good commercial... And I don't like Dodge and I'm a Ford girl and waiver in my belief in God

People read WAY too deeply into things.

Brent Jacob

Jazmyn Rose
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:53 PM

hehe as soon as I saw that commercial I thought of CM & was waiting for the OH MY GOODNESS SAY SAID GOD post lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:54 PM

That was the best commercial.

doomshroom
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:54 PM
meh. i'm an atheist and it didn't bother me. but when i saw it, i thought "i can't wait to read the YouTube comments."
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh geez. It wasn't about slavery. It was about farming. There was a black farmer in the commercial.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)