Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So God made a farmer huh?

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm not even christian, and the new "God Made A Farmer" Dodge RAM commercial even brought me to tears. I was waiting to see how long it would take before someone threw a fit about God being thrown into the superbowl commercials and sure enough I just read through the comments on the youtube video. Why do people always have to turn things into a "that's discrimination" type argument? Just wondering.

Brent Jacob
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Jazmyn Rose
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
I am a caring, loving, single mom of two beautiful kids. I firmly believe in the Law of Attraction and I try to help others that believe the same. Come check out our group "Finding the Secret" to find out more http://www.cafemom.com/group/118498.
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:36 PM
Replies (11-20):
arpazia
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:55 PM
Same here op! I'm not religious and I thought it was beautiful!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fields456
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:55 PM
I just watched it Monday night at my mil and I thought it was great. I missed it on Sunday
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lapcounter
by Queen Mom on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:55 PM
Pretty much.

Quoting Oceana09:

So I stand corrected. Not only does everything have to turn into a religious argument, apparently i t has to be turned into a racial one as well.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's not the god part that bothered me, but the whitewashing.

Never mind the slaves who were forced to work the fields for nothing. They act like only country white folk are suited to farm.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:55 PM
People are always going to comment... If they didn't the internet would be a lot more boring.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:56 PM

bump!

SillySally83
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:57 PM

I am atheist, and I don't care if people express their faith... it does bother me that it was used to sell trucks, I think that's kind of an abuse of faith and while I am not religious, I don't like to see religion used as a tool to make money. I think its something that's supposed to bring you strength and hope and make you want to be a better person, not something to be used to gain worldly possessions.

bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:57 PM

Paul Harvey had a voice that could do that to people. :)

Quoting Oceana09:

I'm Pagan and I fell in love with this commercial the minute it started. Whether you believe in God or not, it was a commercial that was meant to make you stop in your tracks and I think it did. Our entire household got silent as soon as he started talking. It was kinda crazy!

Quoting Anonymous:

I LOVE and miss Paul Harvey. It was a good commercial... And I don't like Dodge and I'm a Ford girl and waiver in my belief in God

People read WAY too deeply into things.

LauraMH
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:58 PM

That was an awesome commercial!!! I LOVED it, best Superbowl commercial by far!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:58 PM
Smh.. Seriously why is everything turned into a religious or racial debate?

Quoting Anonymous:

It's not the god part that bothered me, but the whitewashing.

Never mind the slaves who were forced to work the fields for nothing. They act like only country white folk are suited to farm.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:58 PM
Me too! Lol, I was waiting.

Quoting ColtsFan1912:

hehe as soon as I saw that commercial I thought of CM & was waiting for the OH MY GOODNESS SAY SAID GOD post lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured